First week of Sertraline

Posted , 12 users are following.

Well after a good few months of feeling consantly anxious, dissasociating and having panic attacks the doc has put me on 25mg Sertraline for 2 weeks, and then I'm to double to 50mg after that.

I haven't had any side effects yet apart from slightly blurred vision & dizziness. Which I actually had in the first place anyway so I can cope with that.

I'm already feeling a lot less 'edgy' but I know I'm nowhere near completely 'fixed'.

I'm combining this with weekly counselling sessions & I've got high hopes that I'll be OK one day soon. I'd love to hear other peoples success stories smile

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

[quote:fbe0c65c55=\"crabtree\"]glad to see your having a better day Susie, you have given me some hope....

i had my dose increased today to 100mg, 2 weeks of sleeping for 15 hours a day is driving me insane, i hope to see some improvment, just getting up and staying awake would be a bonus for me right now.

i guess we have to take each day as it comes...[/quote:fbe0c65c55] smile

• Posted

Hi Guys! I'm David and I am 28 yrs. Old. Today is my 3rd day of taking on 50mg of Zoloft and I felt a few side effects. For starters toward evening time I became more wired, social and playful however I still felt depressed. Got home sat down and watched a movie had a small glass of wine and later on I became irritable and had a complete lost of appitte. Anyone who knows me know I love to eat which is a unhealthy way I've used to cope with my depression and anxiety so this I think is a positive side effect in my case. Very anxious for whats to come...

• Posted

I was on 150 mg of Zoloft and also Xanax as needed for my PTSD for 30 years. Worked really great for me! I thought that after 30 years, it was time to try getting off of it so two and a half years ago I weaned myself off of everything. But lately, I started having episodes again so I started back on 25 mg and just took 50 mg today as I was taken 25 mg for a week. But yeah, right now I am pretty woozy! And that was the only difference today was upping the dosage. I surely hope everybody feels better after using this! I don't remember what the effects were when I first started over 30 years ago but they will go away!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.