Fissure pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have had fissure pain for 7 months now, 24/7 I have severe pain when I am up during the day, sitting, standing, walking.... when I go to bed, thank God, I have no pain. Is this normal with a fissure? Soon as I sit up the pain is back.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

my pain was during the day for around 7 hours after having a bowel movement

have you tried Retogestic cream?

its the spasms that hurt im fissure free for sround 8 months now but still use the cream once a day

• Posted

Can you get the medicine Retogestic cream at a pharmacy or do you need a prescription for it. Thanks.

• Posted

from the gp

my first tube was from the colerectal surgeon

the others from gp

i avoided surgery just slogged it with laxido

sitz bath , bert bees lip balm pepermint, hot water bottle , zapain , still do same routine even now

was a hard slog, pain is unbearable

lots of veggies

dont think ppl understand unless youve had one

• Posted

in my experience, pain diminishes as the day progresses and finally goes away. are you following a routine to heal the fissure? What does your physician say?

It is important to add fiber to your diet and use a fiber supplement. drink a lot of water during the day, take sitz baths (I started adding epson salts to the warm water to help felax the muscles). get a squatty stool to raise your feet when you go for a BM.

i found that applying coconut oil sooths and moisturizes.

there are prescription ointments with nitroglicerine that your doctor can prescribe.

• Posted

I have done all this with the exception of epsom salts in my sitz bath. I will try this. But it still it comes back.

I'm using the nitro ointment now. How long have you been using it? My doctor gave it to me without instructions. I found something online. So I'm going to do 6 weeks twice a day then 6 weeks once a day.

I've been on it three weeks and already had a reoccurance.

• Posted

i did sitz bath epsom salts cocnut oil after every bm

at the worse i popped in the bath emptied then bathed

lsxido is a must

bert bees peopermint lip bslm was wonders!

retogestic my surgeon said whenever i needed it

but i did 2 a day

zapain for pain

hot bottle , water , vegies smothies

• Posted

Thank you.

The peppermint doesn't burn? What do you do with that? Also, what do you do with the hot water bottle?

Is the coconut oil in the sitz bath or do you apply it to the anus?

• Posted

bert bees lip balm with peopermint no dodnt burn was cooling

just put little bit on your finger

cocnut oil in sitz bath with epsom salts

i went to sleep or wenever in pain i used the hot water bottle sat on it , wrap around towel t towel

ive tried everythin

honestly the best thing thst worked was warm sotz bath wen i needed to poo kinda reduced the pain

then filled and bathed i lived on the sitz bath

• Posted

i didn't have nitro... this past fissure episode but last year I went through two tubes until it finally healed. it tood a total of a out 3 months. the reason I get a prescription this time is because I was in such pain that the thought of inserting the index finger with the ointment just was something I was afraid to do. without the nitro, I healed and took a good 4/5 weeks; however, i do have bleeding on and off after a bm. I suspect it may be from an internal hemorrhoid but I Am seeing the colorectal physician next week so she can check the whole area.

• Posted

in my experience, pain diminishes as the day progresses and finally goes away. are you following a routine to heal the fissure? What does your physician say?

It is important to add fiber to your diet and use a fiber supplement. drink a lot of water during the day, take sitz baths (I started adding epson salts to the warm water to help felax the muscles). get a squatty stool to raise your feet when you go for a BM.

there are prescription ointments with nitroglicerine that your doctor can prescribe.

• Posted

• Posted

My doctor says to get a colonoscopy, before he told me not to, due to the meds you have to take, he said it would be too much pain....really I have gone to 3 doctors and they all tell me something different.

• Posted

i paid private to see colerectal surgeon he was good

my gp was no good

3 weeks was told piles

was best 100 ive ever spent

talked to me explained everything

booked me in for botox on nhs however i cancelled , told me need yo eat and poo dsily for it to heal thought was scary - told me to tske laxido 2 a day so poo was easy to pass

did what he told me it healed

cream after bm and bedtime

this time last year i was rolling in my bed for 7 hours a day

• Posted

I can't believe it, my daughter 'just' bought this for me at Amazon. (Forces of Nature) Going to start it tomorrow. Never heard of it... Thanks for replies.

• Posted

Can you get retogestic at a drug store or do you need a prescription.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.