Fit 17 yers old male with high blood preassure. Please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please help.i'm a 17 years old male. I go to gym every second day to do weightlifghting and running, and on rest days I also do some running. Just to see i measured my BP a month ago and it was 146/73/80 (I didnt do running back then) since then i have been checking it. it looks like its between 138-148 sys for 6 days, then raises to 160 and goes back to around 154 and another repeats. Pulse is always below 90 and dia is 69-81. i dont feel sick( rarely numb left hand and headache) i never had health problems, i donts smoke, stopped drinking coffee. i been to the doctor's and he said its just because im a teen no need to worry, plus dia is normal, but im worried. i started taking omega 3 today, taking magnesium, garlic extract pills, and been drinking green tea for 4 days now. thanks for the answers in advance, and sorry for gramatical mistakes, if there is any.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've sent a link which explains the importance of maintaining what is called the haemodynamic perfusion pressure of your vital organs.

?This measure is the Mean Arterial Pressure (MAP) which is calculated from your systolic and diastolic BP readings.

Normal range shown in this NursingPath article is 70-110 mmHg.

?From the figures you have given yours is about 97 mmHg.

?You should be worried if your diastolic reading goes too low rather than your systolic going too high.

?The link explains why.

• Posted

Hey everyone! I would like to post a quick update to everyone who helped. I continued to work out as advised, tryna eat healthy(reducing salt and sugar) drink less coffee( 3 cups a week) and drinking hibiscus. I also found drinking 1-2 cups of green tea really helped. So as @lily65668 advised, i stopped drinking energy drinks and stopped measuring bp. This week i was courious so i did measure it. So here are the numbers:

Morning: 99-119/63-73

During day: 120-128/63-75

Evening: 119-124/60-74

So thanks for everyone helping, so glad my bp is good, i wish everyone here the best!😀

• Posted

Excellent, I think so long as you concentrated on a healthy lifestyle and keeping fit it will see you happily into your ninetiessmile
    • Posted

Great to hear your positive feedback Jelszo! As Alexandria says, you're clearly all set for a long, healthy life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.