fit for work note

Posted , 6 users are following.

do you need to keep putting sickness note in all the time with esa as I recently put in a new claim for my son with learning difficulties the first one ran out on the 16th dec ,so I received a letter saying they wanted another which I have and as I only received the letter after it was due up I had to contact them to say it was late im going in tomorrow that they can scan it and send it on ,  his assessment on the 29th dec  so will I need to keep sending another in after he,s been assessed

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your not the only one out their struggling nearly everyone on was are I have been fighting them for 2 month I do my fit note on line then post it to them all I can say is the dwp is hopeless I have paid ni for 40 yrs and when you want a bit back they won't give you sod all they will email the sick note at their leisure as long as you have took it in you should be ok

• Posted

nice to hear from you again ginger ,  you sound how I feel its all wrong isn't what genuine people have to go through  my sons problems started when he had the mmr  injections ,when he was a baby he stopped speaking , I only got him  out of  pull ups when he was around 10yrs, hes on meds to help and has no fear of danger  his speech is very basic and doesn't like changes I could go on but the list never ending .. I feel if the people in the dwp had to walk in our shoes would they treat us the same probably not any way thanks for advice and kind words oh and happy Christmas x

• Posted

Same to you Ann Marie the system is a disgrace when I go to the tribunal I am taking a solicitor with me merry christmas
  • Posted

it will be a case of needing to send in a sick note every so often to DWP until either they turn round and say one is not longer needed, or that your son has been asked to go for a face 2 face, where they will decide which support group he would be better suited in. I am currently going through the same thing at the moment. Also the face 2 face meetings could take a while to come through depending on where you live and weather they have the staff to do it.. Hope you find this helpful.
    • Posted

Annmarie's son already has an assessment for Friday 29th December as already stated in a reply by her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.