Floating stools, upper right and left abdominal ache, Mid back pain... Need help...

Posted , 14 users are following.

Dear all,

I am a 35yrs male overweight. Since the last 5-6 months i started to experience abdominal discomfort that started around the navel area but has now shifted to upper right and left quadrant. I have floating yellow stools since 2 months and middle back discomfort that sometimes is painful but at others just feels like a discomfort. I have been to the GP several times was given an Ultrasound and blood works that showed a slight fatty liver but LFT was fine. Lipase level was at 16 U/L which also falls in the the reference range. Most of my symptoms worry me of pancreas Cancer but my GP laughs and thinks i am hypochondriac..please suggest what to do as the everyday overthinking is taking over my life and social circle.. I sometimes think it can be celiac? But not sure.. Any help is welcomed...

0 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I saw GI again today who doesn't want to push anymore scans which I was really upset about. He said my CT scan didn't show any issues with pancreas and the Elastase test was normal so didn't think the issue was pancreatic. Wants me to try antibiotics for bacterial overgrowth because I have confirmed fat malsorbation.

Feel like I'm being fobbed off and should at least be given a MRCP scan which I would pay for but no.

• Posted

Listen to your doctor; they are the experts!   Your tests were normal!  Why put yourself through more anxiety with unnecessary tests?  Do as your doctor suggests and try the antibiotics.  The fat malabsorption could be to do with bacterial overgrowth. You will never know if you don’t give it a go.   Your doctor is not fobbing you off; he is offering you solutions to get to the root of your problem.

You doctor has confirmed through tests that he believes your pancreas is healthy.  Believe and trust your negative results and your doctor. Take his advice!

• Posted

Just wondering if Pancreatic enzymes have anything to do with Vitamin B12 levels? Since mine are border low at 177 on a normal ref range of 150-800. Does this relate to the pancreas? I see SIBO, Celiac are major causes of Vitamin B12 being low and not the pancreas.

Thanks

A

• Posted

Hello im wondering if u have any update

• Posted

I had a CT Abdomen 20 days ago which came back normal with some minor findings that the Doctor thinks is by birth. Smaller right seminal Vesicle etc. They found nothing that could be causing my symptoms as the CT scan read. I am left with no diagnosis and a in pool of health anxiety after all this. I am thinking of giving a try to the Low fodmap diet and Probiotics to see if its SIBO as many people suggest it could be severe IBS or SIBO. Sometimes even both.

• Posted

Hi im facing same issues and im very worried too.Do u still have greasy stools?i have them 10 months .

• Posted

i would not say greasy but they always float, slow sinkers. i dont see any oil slick in the toilet niether do they stick to the toilet bowel. the Clear CT gives me some sort of satisfaction but then there are times that i feel awful and weak. i am definately starting to look into the SIBO cure since my doctor is not willing to refer me to a gastro as most of my tests dont have any red flag.

• Posted

I think you should relax if your ct was clear!did you had fecal fat test?btw sibo is a posibility

• Posted

hi all im so releaved to have found this i have had upper left back pain since feb last year (24/7) then in may last year i had a bout of loose , light coloured stool boarder line diarrhea which lasted a few days, but i was left with very soft light stools that floated 100 %. of the time This lasted until sept that stop.. it stopped following a colonoscopy / endoscopy which was clear i had a slihhtly raised calprotectin which apparently shows inflamation but after the scopes came back clear dr wasnt interested and further more gave no explainatin WELL he did ANXIETY !!!!anyway all was well (still back pain, minimal tummy pain ) but 4 months normal colour stool, firmer and just "better" THEN literally this week i ate a fatty meal , had horrible stool the next morning , now back to horrible tummy ache , gurgling and just ramped my anxiety up to the sky

HOWEVER all this said i did have a shock as i found out i have calcified heart arteries amd awaiting further investigation to get action plan , but could this be simply be HEALTH ANXIETY ????

thanks for putting up with the ramble x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.