Floaty head

Posted , 6 users are following.

So tired and worn out with all this, was wondering if anyone else has had this horrid swimmy head feeling. Hard to describe but like you're not really here, wishy washy wobbly head like its full of water. Spaced out as if when I move my head to the left or right it's still in the middle ! Almost like a horrible hangover, but I don't drink. Just something else to worry about. Thanks ladies x

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yup I have had it and I hate it. I was feeling like that this morning. I have the head whooshing and then it feels stopped up like I'm on a airplane or underwater. It's really annoying. I haven't figured out what to do that for yet.
    • Posted

Jamie yes it's horrible and I don't know how to deal with it either, had it all weekend x
  • Posted

Yes i have this all the time and feel like i'm no longer me, can't concentrate and my thoughts are all over the place x
    • Posted

Hi Tina, thanks for reply and yes it's just awful - don't know what to do with myself and can't escape it. Sick of it all x
  • Posted

Yes. I get swimmy whooshing feeling in my head. It's not pleasant at all.

I also get a sort of dull pressure in my head at times too - not quite a headache - but it's a weird feeling just the same.

I'm just so fed up with it all. I wish it would finish and go away.

• Posted

I get that dull pressure too. I thought I was the only one. It's hard to describe because it's not really a headache. I hate that we feel like this, but it did help to know that i am not alone.
    • Posted

yes ive also got the head pressure aswell, almost as if someone is pressing down on top of my head with all their might with both hands, so debilitating x
    • Posted

I agree, if I find I'm not the only one feeling weird bodily sensations it's not quite so scary.There's now a reason behind it.

The mind and body connection is amazing, I just wish it wasn't just so good at it.

• Posted

Yessss Lou that is the best way to describe it. When it first happened it stopped me in my tracks and scared the hell out of me. My mom kept asking me did I have a headache and I said no. But it felt like someone was sitting something on the top of my head. It's frightening.
    • Posted

Yes that's right Jamie and also like the head feels really heavy on your neck as if it weighs a ton - also when I move my eyes they are not connected to my brain in the right way. Your right it is frightening and am hoping it goes away soon. Hope you soon get some relief x
  • Posted

Absolutely Lou.

I had that a couple of days last week, swimmey water feeling sounds bang on, it's like if you close your eyes you'l just fall sideways or float off...

Passes though if it helps any...

• Posted

Seems so many of us are experiencing this and it's not nice at all. Just yet another one of the 66 symptoms I suppose although sometimes as ive said before feels more like 666 x
  • Posted

Hi Lou, could you be hypothyroid?
    • Posted

Hi Debbie, thanks for reply and yes I have under active thyroid and take 125mcg thyroxine, maybe I should have another blood test to check levels ? Also have had a total hysterectomy and don't take HRT or any other meds x
    • Posted

You may want to get your vitamin b3 2 and 12 levels checked. You also may want to get your iodine levels checked. Since you have this fibroid condition it can be contributing to the fact that you like any other key elements to assist your thyroid
    • Posted

Thank you yes I will ring the surgery in the morning and ask for appointment for blood tests, feel so rotten and feel something's way off balance. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.