Floaty head

Posted , 6 users are following.

So tired and worn out with all this, was wondering if anyone else has had this horrid swimmy head feeling. Hard to describe but like you're not really here, wishy washy wobbly head like its full of water. Spaced out as if when I move my head to the left or right it's still in the middle ! Almost like a horrible hangover, but I don't drink. Just something else to worry about. Thanks ladies x

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lou

I can sympathize with you. They actually call that brain fog. It's pretty common in perimenopause face and some people still have it in menopause. There are some things that can help out with that. Change in diet is critical which I know most people don't want to hear but as we get older we develop and tolerances for foods so you may want to start eating a lot healthier by cutting out the grains such as wheat eat more fruits and vegetables and very little animal protein. You can also take primrose oil and you may want to get your iodine levels checked which contribute to a lot of perimenopausal symptoms and issues with menstrual and reproductive parts of our body including the breast. Hope this helps

• Posted

thank you for reply and yes I think I'm overdue for blood tests as I do take thyroxine, also will look into diet - also as ive never been told and am confused as to weather im peri or post meno - hysterectomy over 20 years ago leaving one ovary , the remaining ovary being removed two and a half years ago. No HRT due to migraines, I'm 53. Thank you x
    • Posted

You are definitely menopause especially since you don't have a uterus and not having your ovaries makes it worse. But you definitely should look into bioidentical hormone therapy which is identical to a woman's hormones I actually have an appointment next week to review my hormone results to start therapy and I am in my forties due to the extreme symptoms that I have based out of the 66 perimenopause symptoms I have a 63 of them. Hope this helps let me know how things go
    • Posted

Thank you I will do that -would that be through my GP ( useless by the way ) or through my consultant ? X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.