Flooding :(

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies,

I finishes HRT at the end of January and I also have fibroids hence the reason I had to stop the HRT.  My problem now seems to be flooding......and my goodness with a vengence!!   When I was on the HRT my periods were quite light and short.  Well I got my period yesterday and was fairly light, but today I'm the total opposite.  I went to town and had to return back to the car as quick as possible as I felt like I was peeing my pants!!!  Sounds funny but it's really not!!

My question is to you lovely ladies.......is there anything I can take to hep with this flooding?  Fortunately, I'm off work this week but God help me if I was at work and trying to deal with this!!  Please tell me there is something out there that will help??

Shaznay my lovely friend.....you sent me a long reply on another post and I'm damned if I can find the post!!  Got fog brain at present too, but thank you for the reply you always make me smile :-)

Elaine (aka Dave wink  )

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I use Ladys mantle its an herb tincture takes about 1-2 days but it stops the bleeding, do some research on it, i have been using it on and off for 2 years
    • Posted

Thank you Sheri i will certainly research it. Anything to stop this flooding will be a godsend!
    • Posted

There is also Shepards Purse but have have had such good results with Ladys Mantle that i have not used anything else. I take the tincture with me if i am traveling as i never quite know when i might need it. I start using it when i notice spotting then take 30 drops in about a 1/2 of water or juice a day for 4 or 5 days and i have no bleeding.Yay i wish i had known about this many years ago, as i had horrible heavy bleeding and clots yuck. I have not been disappointed yet! I like that its plant based. You can do the 30 drops more than once a day to stop really heavy flowing.
    • Posted

Sorry, about a 1/2 cup of water or juice :-)
    • Posted

I assume i should take it when i first start my period and not a few days before? Does it work immediately?

Sounds great thank you smile

• Posted

Its better to start 4 to 5 days before you start, my period was starting to change when it started so i waited till i spotted then took it
    • Posted

It works really fast usually that same day you start taking it from, what i have researched you cant take too much and you can take it forever. i used to have such heavy periods that i would flood thru 4 pads, clothes and onto the towel i was sitting on, this could be 2 weeks long or 4 months, i got so sick of it i started researching everything i could find. Now the only problem i have is the occasional one day very light spotting because my timing was off. I had all kinds of tests done and the docs found nothing and said i might need a hysterectomy but i wanted to try everything first. I could not be happier now, im heading into my 3 year of using this product. Try to make sure to use organic tincture. Hope this helps :-)
    • Posted

Ok thanks sherri. Ive just been googling it. H&B only do the teabags. I can buy the tincture online so will do that.

Elaine x

• Posted

Good luck, i could only find it online, i get it from the amazon site
  • Posted

Elaine, love, you have my totally sympathy.  I go into a bit of panic mode when I'm heavy, planning how long the journey will be, where the nearest loo is etc etc.  Even sit on a towel in the car in case we get stuck in a traffic jam and I leak - yuck! Great ain't it?!!

Gutted for you having to stop with the HRT.  Have you had a history of fibroids?  I wonder if your GP will refer you to talk about having them removed?

My next sister up (aged 62, 7yrs on HRT) had similar symptoms when she was in her early 50s.  She had a procedure.........can't remember its medical name (uterine ablation??), which completely solved her excessive bleeding issue, and avoided the need for a hysterecomy.

I wonder if that's something you might suggest to your GP......just in case they don't mention it to you!

'Peeing my pants' - that feeling is so, so awful.  I'd been there so many times in my 30s/40s (always had a coil, so knew why).  Remember trying my best to plan holidays etc around periods so as to avoid this, and the need to buy up Boots the Chemist to take out with me!!   (Remember when we were in Orlando and our friend said to my husband "Blimey!  She in the Loo AGAIN!!!". Of course, his wife didn't have any probs in that department, but I think that really bought it home to me HOW much I bled during a period!!)

Ha, Ha, Ha, your ears must have been burning.  Had 2 sisters to Lunch today and one jokingly mentioned 'Dave's lovely ar*e'........I'm just envious he can walk better in heels than mesmile!

Emm, you're asking me to attempt to remember what I've rattled on about on here???  I can't even remember what I said 10 minutes ago!  You would have loved it today:  3 ol' birds 'attempting' to have a conversation. Me at 54, one at 62 and the other at 71.  Lost count of how many times we lost the thread, went off at a trangent, and said  'ehh' or 'emm':  and it was great as we all carried on like it was soooooo normal!!!lol

I'll have a look at my discussion threads to see what twaddle I'd sent you.

Sx

• Posted

Shazza gal you always make me laugh! smile

Thanks again for the book you just wrote lol. How many enclyclopedias have you written on this fab forum? Lol wink

Seriously though im uncertain if the heavy bleeding is peri or fibroids or maybe both? At least im only 'on' 3/4 days. I couldnt cope with any longer! Im so pleased the ladies on here give such great advice and tips. Thanks again ladies smile

Right time to take my heels off and put my feet up wink couldnt walk in them heels if i tried!

Take care

Dave wink (Elaine) xx

P.S private joke ladies if youre wondering that me and Shaznay have gone crazy! Tho you may be right!

• Posted

Well Elaine, just try and imagine the noise when my family used to get together:  she who talked loudest got heard first!!

(I'm in a house of men, and there's football on TV tonight. Say no more.....!)

Sx

• Posted

Hi,

I had flooding for a couple years or more as my periods were running down. I didn't realise this at the time, however, and just assumed that my periods had got heavier because I was getting older (and fatter!). It happened so gradually. Also the weight gain around my midriff and my belly happened so gradually that i never even realised I was looking different! until some bright spark of a brownie said to me one night at meeting, "are you pregnant, Brown Owl?" It was only then that I looked at my profile, and at my belly in the bath, and realised that over several years something had been going on...I read up extensively online, too afraid to go to the doctor in case I was referred for surgery (which I'm terrified of) and deduced that I have fibroids. This all started to slot into place. My mother apparently had fibroids when she was having me (she conceived me amidst the fibroids at age 45) and also by now I was reading that fibroids can cause heavier bleeding. So it all began to make sense! back to the original question: for a few years I had been using increasingly bigger sanitary pads and by the last two or three years of my bleeding, although it was only for a few days a month it was flooding out of me. I would use incontinence pads, the medium absorbancy but they had to be quite long which is why two sanitary towels together ceased to be of any use after a while. Nights were the worst. In the day I had to change pad every 4 hours or so. At night I used to put two thick bath towels one on top of the other on top of the sheet and it would still soak through the top towel. I didn't sleep well or long because of the anxiety caused by the flooding. Going on holiday was a nightmare as I had to pack two or three packs of incontinence pads just for a few days away, plus two or three towels for the bed, dark coloured of course. Day and night, I would wear two pairs of pants in case I soaked through one. Everything I wore from the waist down had to be black, dark brown or maroon or navy. I guess I just accepted this bleeding as normal for my age. (My mum apparently "sailed through the menopause" but I bet she didn't get as much flooding as I did!). The incontinence pads were actually very effective but it got quite expensive because I was using three or four a day plus one or two every night as well, and those things aren't cheap! I was just starting to get to the stage where I was desperate enough to think about throwing a few pounds a day away on those all-in-one knicker incontinence pads that you need a second mortgage to be able to afford...when everything stopped literally almost overnight!

• Posted

Your experiences sound identical to mine , but what a relief when the flooding came to an end .surprised
  • Posted

Hello Ladies,

I'm from Australia. Look up the medication Tranexamic Acid!!!! This med is nothing short of miraculous for stopping flooding periods!!! What a nightmare they have been for me the past 4-5 days.

Wishing you all the very best, Lucy xox

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.