Fluid round my knee

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok so i woke up 4 weeks ago with a very sore swollen knee, ive never had pain before nor bannged it (that i know of) ive had a mri scan that was quite normal but shows some fluid under my knee cap, my doctor has sent word for phsyo (still waiting) ... should i be in this much pain an should my knee feel this weak from fluid ?? Im limping about witch is causeing pain in other areas i cant even bend down 😣 im only 36 i can do my job properly i cant do anything to do with my legs at the gym its gettin me down !!!

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you are referring to having it drained, no it does not hurt.  Just close  your eyes.  You will probably feel better after.
  • Posted

Yes...close your eyes.  Don't look at the needle.  It's the size of something you'd use to inject globs of fat into a turkey!!!

Fell on a knee MANY years ago.  Bursa sac on the knee swelled up and had to be drained.  The fluid inside is NOT like plain water...it contains all sorts of "gunk".  So they need a large bore needle to extract the fluid.  You know those very thin painless needles diabetics use every day?  IT'S NOT THOSE!!!  The needle will push at the skin before piercing it.  Once in, it's totally painless.  However, seeing the size of that monster plus watching it push in...I'd rather have general anesthesia.

Only kidding...well, no I'm not but it's really not bad.  Over in one second.  So take the advice...look away and just put up with a second of pain...worth it.

• Posted

Everything seems to be taking ages with doctors .. what do u think about seeing a chiropractor? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.