Fluoxetine 40 mg slow recovery?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I started fluoxetine Nov 14 20 mg then a week later was increased to 40mg

I was hospitized due to

My panic in the mornings, Nausea diarrhea.  Evenings are much better. 

I am working at remaining positive. 

I am seeing improvements  I have to work at it (and am doing a great job and will Contunue to!!! I am getting better!) 

Mornings are a struggle.  Anyone have any words of wisdom?  This is exhausting.  Motivation will be better? 

Any support or words of wisdom would be very much appreciated. 

0 likes, 80 replies

80 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I can cry. Drop of the hat. I weep as soon as a family member comes home.  Or if I see someone I know.  It’s quite the good time.  Used to be a barely cried. 

I did force myself to do some light calming yoga and a meditation (although my councellor said I shouldn’t be doing meditation as I’m not there yet) 

Evenings are typically better- waiting for that to kick in tonight.  

How’s everyone else doing? 

• Posted

My morning anxiety was high. Afternoon I felt a bit down started to do a bit of cleaning. Got in the shower. Pushed myself to drive to the store to get groceries. I felt better after that. The kids are on Christmas break gotta put on a good face for them.
    • Posted

So hard to keep that good face up   I’m with you on that. 

Once I get moving out of the house I’m usually a little better too if I can push myself to get out.   

• Posted

Up at 3:30 tossing and turning with high anxiety. 

Question: When y'all wake up early with anxiety what do you do?

My therapist and psychiatrist tell me I need to get out of bed and go do something. Problem is I'm just so tired all I want to do is lay here and try and go back to sleep but then I can't turn my brain off. It sucks!!!! 

• Posted

I can’t seem to stop crying this morning 
    • Posted

I increased my dose this morning so my anxiety is through the roof. I just took a xanax and am  laying in bed trying to calm down. I wish I could cry it all out. I just feel scared!!!
    • Posted

Are you able to go walk somewhere?  Not sure if you live where it’s cold.  Maybe a mall.  I had to walk, and keep walking.  I also forced myself to go to yoga, not sure if it helped.  The Dr tells me panic is not dangerous.  It sure feels awful.
    • Posted

I went for a long walk around the neighborhood. It's not so much the anxiety it's my thoughts.  I have trouble getting out of my head. I just think and think and think and it's all negative. 

• Posted

I hate that panic / frozen feeling.  How are you doing? 
    • Posted

It seems like with the anxiety comes the increased thinking.  I notice when anxiety is lower I don’t think as much.  Hopefully when the anxiety comes down the thinking will too.  Somebody told me to make lists every day of things I’m grateful for.  I tried meditating, I’m not good at it, but that’s supposed to help.  Sometimes I go in the shower and sit under the warm water to calm my thoughts.  Lately I find things on my phone to keep busy, or do chores.  I know it is very, very hard.
    • Posted

Not great... anxiety is high. I'm having a hard time being patient with these meds. I just feel scared. 

• Posted

I try to do the grateful list as well.  

I do try meditation too.  Sometimes it helps.  Psychologist told me not to do too much mediatating as it’s for when I’m not in such a panic state (like not a 8-10 on a scale from 1-10) but when lower than a 8 it can help.  Later afternoon I can usually do one.  

• Posted

I managed to calm down. I was with my sister. I think sometimes she treats me like I’m sick so it’s hard to try to return to normalcy.  

I am hopeful for some blips of feeling a bit “normal” so I can regain some hope here.  

My hubby and I just talked about me joining a women’s only gym to walk on a treadmill or do some low impact- I’m in Canada and it’s cold lol 

Last week seemed better than this week but a couple low days means it has got to look up right??????

• Posted

The gym sounds great.  Just to get out of the house and focus on something else is very good.  I live in CA so luckily I can walk outside. It helps me to look around, and seems to get my focus on something else.  Every time I get the anxiety I start walking.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.