Fluoxetine 40 mg slow recovery?

Posted , 8 users are following.

I started fluoxetine Nov 14 20 mg then a week later was increased to 40mg

I was hospitized due to

My panic in the mornings, Nausea diarrhea.  Evenings are much better. 

I am working at remaining positive. 

I am seeing improvements  I have to work at it (and am doing a great job and will Contunue to!!! I am getting better!) 

Mornings are a struggle.  Anyone have any words of wisdom?  This is exhausting.  Motivation will be better? 

Any support or words of wisdom would be very much appreciated. 

0 likes, 80 replies

80 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That negative thinking is plaguing me as well.  I’m trying so hard to see the positives.  I realized with my increase on nov 29 it really only puts me at 4 weeks tomorrow which really sent me over the whe because I thought I was further along.  

10-12 weeks seems like quite some time when you are only at week 4.  

Can only go up right? Can only go up. 

• Posted

At least you're on week 4.  I'm just finishing week 1 on flu. I'm hoping my 5 weeks on citalopram will help but I fear I have a long way to go. 

How is everyone this morning? My anxiety is high!!!!

• Posted

My son is sick home from school which is giving me anxiety.  Trying to keep game face on.  No different than any other day.  I will get through.  (Mantra lol) 

I need to eat something but am nauseous.  

I could really use a good blip to give me some hope today.  I really could.   

• Posted

I was just in to see my family dr who says if by 4 weeks it’s not working the psychiatrist will likely switch me.   

I can’t start over!  This has to help.  I’m freaking out 

• Posted

He may not switch you, he may just up your dose.  
    • Posted

I forgot what dose you are on?  I’m supposed to up to 40 this weekend.  How long have you been on it?  I didn’t feel a change until like week 6.  5 weeks on Zoloft, now 4th day on this.  I just started noticing a change.  Other people say like 12 weeks, but I think at least 6.  From week4-5.5, I felt worse.
    • Posted

I’m on 40mg.  And he isn’t the one following those meds and I know the psychiatrist will want to stay course and wait it out I think I just have to accept I’m having a couple bad days. 

I can’t get my mind off any of it  , keep researching.   Really bad today.  

Tomorrow? It will be better!

• Posted

Four weeks was the worst time for me.  That’s when it’s just starting to kick in and it’s all over the place.  Hang in there a couple more weeks.  I know it’s so hard.
    • Posted

So hard.  I’m happy to know you got through it.  It just feels like it will never end.  

Thank you for your message.  It helps 

• Posted

Yes you can start over!!! I was hospitalized last week due to the awful side effects from flu! This has been the worst time ever. They put me back on my Paxil (a higher dose then I was before) and took me completely off flu. I no longer have the constant anxiety, I finally have my appetite back and I can sleep all night!!!!! For some people this med may not work for you! However, it may work wonders for you as we are all different! I wish all of you the best of luck staying the course!!!!! Best wishes, Kati 
  • Posted

I might’ve asked you this before Mel but you said you’ve been hospitalized on Prozac due to your extreme morning panic. Didn’t the doc give you any benzos? (Anti anxiety instant relief)? 
    • Posted

Yes I am on diazepam 5mg am and half way through the day.  And then lorazepam as a prn which they told me today that for the next week or so after Xmas I should be taking if I get myself as worked up as I have been the last 2 days. 

I’m at exactly 5 1/2 weeks on 40 mg. 

• Posted

I’m a huge fan of them. They can Be addictive but when my disorder has been as bad as it’d been this past month I have no other choice. I will take whatever keeps my Head above water till I’m better then I’ll ween off smile. Good I’m glad you got those 
    • Posted

Me too Tina.  My Dr is against them because they are addictive, but it is the only thing that stops the panic attacks when they come with this medicine.  My anxiety wasn’t bad until I started taking the antidepressants.  Now it gets so bad some days.
    • Posted

Same Stacy same!!!! I feel like before I started the meds it was bad but it’s suoer bad with them! 

How are you today?? 

• Posted

I went up to 40 yesterday, so back to the anxiety today.  I see the Dr tomorrow.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.