Fluoxetine week 1

Posted , 23 users are following.

I'm on day 6 of 20mg fluoxetine for anxiety and depression.. feeling really rough. I can't eat, feel sick and exhausted and generally just spaced out. Not sure I can do this for another 5 weeks, any advice or has anyone been through similar? Feel so crap!

1 like, 74 replies

74 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sarah, I'm on day 9, Yeah to say it's all rather unpleasant is a bit of an understatement, I'm feeling a bit nauseas, absolutely shattered and also like complete crap...... I can't offer you any advice other than read what people have written on my post (it was one below yours), that and you're not alone, just the 3 days between us! x

• Posted

Thanks Luke, I'll take a look. My mood and energy are on the floor today. Struggling!

• Posted

The nausea and lack of appetite is awful isn't it, that weak shaky feeling does NOT help the mood! 😣

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Yeah I was exactly the same on week 1. About 5-6 days after first taking it my anxiety was through the roof! And the physical symptoms were pretty unbearable but stick with it, it's does get better. I'm at the end of my 5th week now although I don't feel 100 per cent at times, it's such an improvement from the first week. Hang in there, there is light at the end of the tunnel xx

• Posted

Thanks for replying, Jade. Hope it passes soon, think there is a bit of PMS in the mix also. Great!

I guess it's a case of waiting it out. Glad you're feeling better though and it's working for you X

• Posted

Yes pms does make it worse just just hold onto the fact that it won't last forever and you will get better, I know it doesn't feel like it now, I didn't think I was ever gunna feel better and now I'm doing good. I still am in early days of fluoxetine and I do still get 'off' days but they are just 'off' days. Just try eating small amounts at a time when you feel your stomach grumbling, and try thinking of countries starting from a-z if you can't sleep. Just a few tips. Just really want to help people through it, as it's the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with x

• Posted

Thank you for the advice, did you find you felt better in the evenings? X
    • Posted

I felt like crap in mornings by 4pm i did feel better, but this goes to show that it is mostly temporary side effects from the flou as i take mine every morning. I do't have any side effects at all now 9 months on i feel really good so its worth sticking with it

• Posted

I'm the same, rough mornings and feeling better later in the day.. Well I'm a week in now so perseverance I guess! X

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry I haven't relied sooner! How are you feeling now? Yes, I found I did feel better in the evenings. I think it was because I knew the day was nearly at an end, I was at home and I felt safe. However, there were times in the early days that I couldn't switch off and my sleep pattern changed quite a lot.

• Edited

Sarah i am on month 9 and your symptoms are exactley what i experienced.

Week by week things got better, by week 12 most side effects had gone. I still got the odd 'down days' or wobbles till around 5 months but these were very mild. Now i don't know how i managed without they have changed my life quite hoestly. No ocd, anxiety or stress just chilled out attitude

Stick with it

• Posted

Thank you, Woo. It means the world hearing that right now. So happy for you that you are feeling good again. I'm going to ride it out and hope it works X

• Edited

Hey Paul and Woo. I'm at week 7 tomorrow on 40 mg. Fluox. I'm still feeling rough anxious in the mornings feeling down depressed midday and afternoon stomach nausea and not eating much. I felt good for almost 2 weeks at almost 4 weeks in but then back down now where I'm presently at. Does or where I'm at sound spot on? I'm just hoping this does start to work. Was on citalopram before and switched over. Should I stick with it?

• Posted

Hey Paul and Woo. I'm at week 7 tomorrow on 40 mg. Fluox. I'm still feeling rough anxious in the mornings feeling down depressed midday and afternoon stomach nausea and not eating much. I felt good for almost 2 weeks at almost 4 weeks in but then back down now where I'm presently at. Does or where I'm at sound spot on? I'm just hoping this does start to work. Was on citalopram before and switched over. Should I stick with it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.