Flushing after drinking alcohol

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 22 years old, male. Recently, whenever I drink alcohol, my face starts to turn red and hot and my eyes turn red too. My heartbeat goes slightly high and I can feel a strong and strange alcohol smell when I exhale. Everything goes down to normal within an hour or two. This does not happen everytime I drink. Sometimes I'm perfectly fine. I have been drinking since I was 18 and mostly drink on weekends and in moderation. This used to happen when I started drinking alcohol, but one day suddenly it stopped on its own and everything was perfect for 4 years until now. Can anyone help me out with this?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did your doctor hand you these pills or were they filled in the pharmacy? If they were filled in a pharmacy you should be able to call the pharmacy and ask them what they were. If they were given to you by the doctor himself if you live in the US that's it legal unless he has a pharmacist license which I doubt.

• Posted

The doc gave me the pills at his clinic. Nothing bad happened to me after having those pills and the problem was solved only for a day. I feel I should find a better doctor.
    • Posted

I'm tired of consulting doctors. I've talked to many docs online and none of them had a solution to this. I think Ill have to take a break and if that doesn't work.. I'll have to quit. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.