FLY to FLA at Easter Sunday

Posted , 13 users are following.

Dear Friends, I made really detailed and  long investigation  about treatment  of  similar signs of BPH as I  have. My prostate is just  50 ml (grams),,  but with big median lobe ,which blocks bladder neck. This  causes  nearly  full retention,  sleep shortage,  nocturia, and  in time  the necessity of CIC-  self cathing.  Pls note  PAE in case  of big median  lobe has  poor  effects.  I passed it last April  . After few months  of symptoms relief,  the problems returned with bigger intensity.  So I lost one year time.   Yes all we  have some options : TURP,  GL, HOLEP,  open prostatectomy ...new methods as Urolift,  REZUM and FLA.   It seems that for big median  lobe is best  REZUM  and FLA . This is based on my long investigation and consultations with  many patients  and some doctors.  REZUM is  cheaper, probably covered by insurance  , but still  more random  method in comparision  with FLA. 

US  insurance unfortunatelly plays no role for me , I'm  European citizen.

After detailed analyses of my problem  - 3T MRi scannes, TRUS, PSA,  PVR, e.t.c.  I decided for FLA  with full confidence to Dr. K   I'm flying  to USA  next Easter Sunday  on the  route  Vienna - Istanbul - Houston . Thank you very much for all  advises and help.  Good luck and strong hope and faith  to all of us - suffering men . Stan

0 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

That is a big financial investment  so you deserve a good outcome. I hope we will get a great report back post operation from you.
  • Posted

Good luck, Stan - please let us know how you progress.

Enjoy Texas!

• Posted

Thank you so much Gentlemen.   Tim -how is your progress ? As I know you underwent  FLA at December 2017. 
    • Posted

Still doing great. Had my 90 day post procedure PSA test on 3/14 - it came back 0.2 - a 90% decrease and lowest its ever tested.

• Posted

Bravo to you and Dr. K smile  How big was your prostate, really just 30 ml ? 
    • Posted

mine came down from 7.8 to 0.74 after laser surgery. I must have looked surprised as he said, Yes I said 0.74.

After my first GL it has only reduced from 9.8 to 5.0

• Posted

Gland was <30. Dr K said he ablated between 50 and 60%.

Between the visible lesion and the chronic prostatitis, based on these results it appears he zapped most of the problem tissue.  He said it is common for it to tick back up a bit before I reach a new normal, once the gland stabilizes.

• Posted

thank you Tim,  added to Excell table.  You noited before that  Foley catheter was placed longer then  8 days. How many days and why ? some URI, or ?    

• Posted

I developed a fistula and had the catheter in for another 4 weeks.

Everything was healed after that and no problems since.

• Posted

Tim, How did you correct the fistula? Did you have to have surgery in the hospital to correct it?

• Posted

I had a catheter reinserted for 4 weeks and it healed on its own. Fortunately, there have not been many instances of a fistula resulting from FLA and as long as there has not been prior radiation involved, all healed on their own within 3 to 4 weeks.

• Posted

Hi Stan, I had FLA with Dr Karamanian dec 17, same problem as you and I could pee better straight away allowing longer sleep, able to drink more and hold on longer at last but in my case I had to start to retrain my bladder as although Dr K successfully unblocked my urine restriction my bladder still told me to pee too often and not emptying out properly, so thanks to Dr K and FLA I am so much better but still need to retrain my bladder, but I highly recommend Dr K and FLA in the hands of Dr K., all the best kind regards Brian.
    • Posted

fantastic results Brian   !!!! 

My record about you "Dec. 17 2017, prostate aprox.50 ml , BML  , great results". Can you add some details, please ?  . PV - Prostate volume , PSA, PVR, IPSS score   - prior and after ?  median lobe? CIC neccessary before and after ? e.t.c..     Anyway my table is in disposal  to :everybody.  Thanks to all , Stan .

p.s.  Can you PM me your  MR  scan ?  Im curios of anatomy of your median lobe,  probably very similar to mine . Prostate shape with  IPP ( protrusing to bladder. Who wish  the table , scans and more interesting info ... just  PM  me .   Thanks to all , Stan        

• Posted

Hi Stan, unfortunately presently I do not have the details you require but you are in good hands with Dr K, you will be glad to know I had no pain during FLA and none after it was wonderful, the only frustrating part was having a catheter for 7 days but that time soon passed, all the best Brian.
    • Posted

Hi Stan, just read that you are having FLA right now, well done you will be much better off for it and in very good hands with Dr Karamanian, you are best advised to trust his advice and follow his instructions closely, in my case with an enlarged median lobe after the catheter was removed I had immediate flow improvement and could drink more fluid and get more sleep and as all the other FLA club guys say I continue to improve, in my case the catheter hurt me to walk as it was sore where it comes but the good thing about that is it restricted what I could which protected the FLA by not being able to do lots of stuff, keep that area all hygienic, the FLA is painless both during and after, I had no pain whatsoever at all NO PAIN AT ALL-ZERO PAIN, so relax and enjoy the escape of the dreaded relentless urine prison and broken sleeps at last kind regards Brian.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.