FND

Posted , 17 users are following.

Just been diagnosed with fnd (functional neurological disorder) and finding information difficult

I'm awaiting mri scan to rule out ms but if it's all clear this is my diagnosis.

Has anyone else been given this diagnosis?

A similar condition is conversion disorder, apparently.

Beginning to feel like I've been given this result as they can't be bothered to look for anything else, and as far as I can tell many medical persons think it's 'alll in your head' and therefore not real ๐Ÿ˜•

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey! I don't know when this discussion was, but I hope you have found some help.

I started two Facebook support groups for people suffering from this condition; one geared more towards younger audiences but if you feel young at heart, or are a parent or carer of a younger sufferer of it or a friend of someone with it then it may be of benefit. It's called Younger FND Fighters. In the group we support one another, discuss symptoms, top tips, share advice and have cool events specific to the group smile

I also created another group, more geared towards Nordic patients with FND or patients who live there with it, as it is not so well-known there. I study there and wanted to spread the word that we can all support one another and that people are not alone. This group is called Funktionella Symptom- Nordiska Gruppen.

An admin from the younger group has also just created her own website which is a fantastic mixture of informed advice and is thoroughly researched. It's a great source of information and top tips, along with comprehensive guidance, scenarios, fun ideas and personal accounts, struggles and achievements. I would highly recommend it for people with chronic illnesses and especially FND, but also a great read for their families, friends and anyone trying to gain a deeper insight into this often challenging world. The website is called www.fndlifewithoutlimits.com

Hope this help in some way, and that you are doing as well as possible. 

Take care! 

• Posted

Hi, I have to say I have the same symptoms as you and I also getting a ringing in the ears, tire quickly and get fatigued. I had a stoke and since then I have all of the above symptoms as u. Regularly I have a non epileptic symptom. U feel very weak quickly, slured speech, weaknes in the left arm and leg. Migrains u wouldnt normsly get and when its all over I sleep for up too 3 hours. Stroke like symptoms. Drs say its Functional Nurological Symptom Disorder. Google it and look under Wilkapedia. I have been told if treated early u can recover. Its been 9 months now and still no treatment. They dont say what time frame is early and my symptoms are getting worse. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

You are right on that one , FND is actually extremeyl rare Id suggest flying to mayo or filling out a formย 
  • Posted

same here been suffing with headache over sweating then cold crawling or something up my legs i get jaw pain brain not feeling there i cant stand for long numbness in fingers & hands legs also shake sometimes & no energy always tired & no mood no happy hormones

always feel like i've got flu 24/7

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.