foggy head?

Posted , 23 users are following.

Can anyone describe what head fogginess feels like or if my symptoms sound like it, I constantly have a dull headache or pressure on top of my head, kinda lightheaded dizzy extremely tired and my head basically feels wierd and uncomfortable, does this sound like anxiety the feeling never leaves it changes but don't dissappear ;(

4 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yeah the foggy and almost spaced out feeling is quite common I'm afraid with anxiety. Like you it never really goes away, although it does when the anxiety is better managed. Just one of those lovely anxiety symptoms I'm afraid
  • Posted

Hi Dizzy, this has been a constant feeling for me now for the past 5 months, I'm hating it! For me it's like a woozy and muffled feeling with a dull headache for me too which sometimes develops to a full blown one and my eyes feel strained and heavy. It's causing the anxiety to heighten too, I can't understand how anxiety can give us constant physical symptoms even when we're not feeling particularly anxious sad I've had blood tests to rule out anything medical, all negative! I'm starting counselling soon so hoping to have some relief pretty soon. Let me know if you find a cure! Xx
    • Posted

Aww it's horrible ain't it, my eyes feel like that too and abit out of focus bup my strange head sensations really scare me I feel like I'm guna pass out or something sad
    • Posted

Yeah I get that out of focus feeling too, my eye floaters seem more intense at times too, or lights seem too bright etc
    • Posted

Yep me too I constantly feel wierd I can't cope feeling like this everyday sad
    • Posted

It is hard I know, therapy may help, I found meds just make these problems worse, therapy at least gives you a chance to resolve problems. That's just my experience, meds do work for some
    • Posted

I'm on citalopram it's nice to know with you guys I'm not alone tho. Had bloods bk saying my iron stores r low, maybe that has something too with my head sensations I don't know x
    • Posted

Let me know how the counselling goes.  I do hope it helps you with your anxiety.  Yes we all seem to get different physical problems with our anxiety.  Depression is the same, gave me lots of physical symptoms.  Had tests, all negative.
    • Posted

I am trying without meds too.  Wish I knew if we were better with or without medication.
  • Posted

Hi,

Yes that is what it feels like and do you also get a feeling as if your not totally here like every thing seems blurry in your head ?  That's what I get, it's horrible, also unbalanced feeling 

• Posted

I can really identify, the feeling of not being there totally is depersonalisation, its super common, not at all serious but really distressing, its plagued me for a long time
    • Posted

Hi I realise this is a old post but I have mirror image everything and what's our saying has anyone or your self over come this

Thank

• Posted

Hi. I just found this group yesterday and started responding hoping to talk to someone. There are still people on here so you will be happy you chimed in. I've had SUCH a foggy/full feeling/heavy head for months. I kept thinking it was because I was either hungry or tired or getting a head cold. I was so glad to hear that it's actually because of anxiety. Yesterday I had a horrible day with anxiety and not only did I have my foggy full head but all of a sudden my head was pounding so hard it felt like it was going to explode. I remembered that I had a few xanex and I took one of those and went to lay down . Within 20 mins my head was clear aND not pounding. I know that my head fog is associated with stress and anxiety .

• Posted

I have the same problem, just come accords this group. It started heavy on Saturday and it's still going on now. I do get it on and off but am starting to read all the different signs of my anxiety and how they appear...

I've been researching an oil called CBD and have bought some for my e cig pen. May have to get a stronger dose to see any visible affects. Keep updated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.