Follow up appointment with Consultant

Posted , 11 users are following.

[kim20134]  kim20134 I saw the Consultant yesterday and I was 7 weeks post op. I have great bend and full extension. I told him that I had had an infection that had not been detected until week 4. He queried the GPs diagnosis (they don’t want any responsibility for infection). He stated that I should not be feeling fatigued, much pain and experiencing sleepless nights. And I should be much further down the line recovery wise. He said patients are ‘skipping’ into his room and wowing the op. I go out for a few hours at a time then become tired. The pain keeps me awake at night. I do chores and cook but tire easily. My husband and I thought I’d been doing well, walking without support and driving. Considering the infection had set me back a few weeks I thought his remarks were a bit harsh. 

He asked for more bloods and X-rays and wants me to return in 6 weeks. 

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Kim I’ve had to go back on sleeping tablets or I do not sleep. I’ve also been very tearful which is unlike me. You are doing well. Keep your pecker up and if need be ask for a second opinion. I’ve just come to bed now in agony as pushed myself too much in garden. Please read CHICO MARX posts he explains everything and is a world of wisdom regarding this op. 
  • Posted

Reads as if you have a very ‘cavalier’ consultant...’skipping into his consulting room tells me he is a bit big headed. My consultant and my Physio’s behave impeccably to get the best result possible. It’s as if I’m the only patient under consideration even though I’m one of literally hundreds being dealt with during a year. You are the only one to get yourself better. Keep working or you’ll seize up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.