Following night time panic attack "

Posted , 9 users are following.

Firstly , I would like to thank everyone who responded to my first post re night time panic attack ! Unfortunately since then , 5 days ago I have been in a unusually heightened state of anxiety , prob spend 90% of the day trying to fight the feelings of fear etc ( so scary ) , have put myself back up to 20 mg Seroxat which is helping I think , hate to imagine what I would be like without it ! Have made an appt with my GP ,but can't see me until next Tues ! Am determined not to give into these feelings though and am trying to continue " normal" life ( very hard) ,have told those closest to me who are living with me how I am feeling as very hard to pretend nothing wrong ! Just wondering if / how any of you deal with this or infact if you have suffered in this way , just feel like my nerves won't switch off and am in a permanent state of anxiety ! Very tiring ! Anyway any suggestions advice warmly welcomed , Many thanks Sarah x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Sorry you feel that way I have also at times been anxious all the time and read loads on it start by excepting the way you feel if you resist it just gets worse if you except and say to yourself if this is the way im going to feel today so be it and just get on with your day at first you will think its not doing much but in time you will start to notice a difference and some days will be worse than others but it does work xx
    • Posted

Hi Donna ,thank you for replying , I like you have spent a lot if time reading about this over the last few days , just to reassure myself that I am not going mad ( certainly feels like it at times ) I have been doing my normal routine over the last few days ,it is exhausting though when you feel like you are continually fighting something ! Just would love to know why it came on so suddenly ! Thanks again Sarah x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

I had this a few weeks ago infact it was 12th may n I was going into hospital for a simple procedure on my knee

My god I have never felt as ill in my life felt sick was sick was on edge dramatically could not settle myself down was terrible I ended up having to lye down but still felt terrible, I had to force myself to get showered n dressed n go for surgery n started to feel better once I was ready no idea why I was so bad as I wasn't bothered by any means of having the surgery it was other things revolving round n round in my head, as hard as it is n I'm a born worry so it daft fir me to tell yu try not to worry about things I'm terrible I WORRY WORRY WORRY n my family go mad I'm always what if !

No 1 knows what it's like until they have been in that position sad

• Posted

Hi Carol ,thank you for your response , you sure so right no one knows what it is like to be in that position until you have been there , and quite frankly I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy ( not actually sure I have any ) questionI think that if you have a reason for your anxiety ,like your knee op ,it does at least help to know what you are anxious about ,I think the not knowing is worse because you don't know what to do about it ! X
  • Posted

Hi Sarah I just want you to know that it will go away. It may come back again but you can learn how to control your anxieties. I have had two anxiety/panic attacks since 2011 and I don't wish them upon anyone but I have learned how to control my anxieties. When I had them I felt like something was wrong with me. They even checked my heart and everything was fine. I had no sleep days and weeks. Medicine didn't work for me either. I had to remind myself that God is in control. I started reading the bible and started trusting in him and everything got better. Thank god its the scariest thing ever to have anxiety attacks. I pray that all your anxieties will go Way soon. Take care and God Bless you.
    • Posted

So true what we turn to

I've done the same

Not a religious person by any means but I get comfort by talking to my lived 1's that have passed especially my Mum & always thank god for what kind a day I've had may be in my head but I feel some1 is helping me get through the last 5mnths as I've not been well with back pain leading to excruitiating knee pain n now 4 weeks post op on 1 knee

Some1 is guiding me at the moment n I'm thankful for that x

• Posted

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Phillipone 4:6-7

This is one of my favorite scriptures in the bible that always helps me. Believe me it's not in your head its God that is helping you get thru this. I pray to healing over your entire body. God bless you and take care.

• Posted

Hi Chris

Thank you for posting the Bible verse. It helps a lot to be reminded that God is in control even when things look bleak and scary to us. As a Christian I tell myself I shouldn't be afraid but easier said than done. i wouldn't cope at all without God's Word and a relationship with Him. Church helps too. I am worried that the bloating and indigestion is something other than perimenopause such as cancer. I have an ultrasound this week and am extremely nervous (not functioning very well). This forum helps and posts like yours. Thanks.

• Posted

I meant Cris (autotext has a mind of its own)
    • Posted

Your welcome. It really does help when we are going thru things like this and knowing that God is in control. I am getting a endometrial biopsy done tomorrow because I have had longer and heavier periods since the start of this year and I am kinda scared too but I know that gods got this. My docs too thought it may be perimenopause but they just wanna rule everything else out. We will get thru this. It's only temporary.
    • Posted

Thank you Cris. I hope and pray it will be negative. I had that done two years ago and it was negative.
  • Posted

Yes I agree with donna...I was same way as you and I just told myself its anxiety and it cant hurt me...I still have anxiety filled days but not as many as in past...I just try to take deep breaths and relax and B 6 does help me...When I have a bad day I just remember other bad days and remind myself that Im fine and made it thru that day and I will make it thru other day as well...I was once told to laugh at anxiety and tell it if you want to be with me today then so be it Im not gunna fight you...I know right now that prob sounds silly and you think you will never get to that point because i was same way but it does get better..Hope you feel better soon...All these great ladies will help...They have done wonders for me thru this time...
    • Posted

Dear Laurie ,thanks for replying , my goodness I have spent the last few days talking mentally to myself , like you telling myself " it's only anxiety ,it can't hurt me " ,as I said in a previous reply , I had the mother of all panic attacks when I got to work this afternoon ,don't know how I stopped myself just walking out , but didn't and was ok for the rest of the shift ( work in a hospital ) ,I know that tackling it head on is the answer , not easy .I just cannot understand why after so many years more or less panic attack free I should all of a sudden be having them , so can only conclude peri menopause ( am 50 ) is part of it,along with the stress of trying to support a close friend whose husband died very suddenly in March ! Anyway thank you again Sarah x
    • Posted

Yes Sarah I was anxiety and panic free till I hit peri also....So like you it was hard to deal with it...No its not easy at all but gets better...My best friends mom died this morning so here I am trying to be strong and not let darn anxiety get to me today..Just went to her grandbabys funeral Sunday so omg my nerves are shot....poor family...Hope your feeling better hun!!!!
    • Posted

Hi Laurie

Anxieties have always been my big trouble. I get anxious about everything my health, the way I am feeling everday stress makes me anxious too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.