Following night time panic attack "

Posted , 9 users are following.

Firstly , I would like to thank everyone who responded to my first post re night time panic attack ! Unfortunately since then , 5 days ago I have been in a unusually heightened state of anxiety , prob spend 90% of the day trying to fight the feelings of fear etc ( so scary ) , have put myself back up to 20 mg Seroxat which is helping I think , hate to imagine what I would be like without it ! Have made an appt with my GP ,but can't see me until next Tues ! Am determined not to give into these feelings though and am trying to continue " normal" life ( very hard) ,have told those closest to me who are living with me how I am feeling as very hard to pretend nothing wrong ! Just wondering if / how any of you deal with this or infact if you have suffered in this way , just feel like my nerves won't switch off and am in a permanent state of anxiety ! Very tiring ! Anyway any suggestions advice warmly welcomed , Many thanks Sarah x

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Sarah,

I'm sorry you are going through thissad It was me about 2months ago. It was terrible!

My doctor prescribed Xanax and I also got beta blocker. I felt worse and decided to go to holistic doctor. She run bunch of tests and I found out my Vitamin D is very low as well as Zinc. Too high testosterone as well.

She gave me herbal solution to stay calm (it works for me), I'm taking vitamin D, B complex, C, magnesium, ground flex seeds. I totally changed my diet, absolutely no processed food, quit coffee and wine. Started going to yoga and I also do progressive muscle relaxation.

I am feeling so much better and it has been little over a month.

I thought I am dying, ended up in the hospital. Still have anxiety and panic at times but I feel like I am getting better.

Hang in there.

• Posted

Hi Crenyyy, thank you for replying , glad you are feeling better thanks to the holistic doctor , really feel like that's what I want is blood tests to see what/ if I am lacking in anything ,have got a GPs appt next Tues ( earliest they could see me ) probably will be a waste of time but am going to request some blood tests ,it is good to know that we are not alone in feeling the way we do sometimes , quite frankly ,have felt as if I'm losing the plot the last few days ! Take care Sarah x
    • Posted

Hang in there, I changed the doctor twice. Finally I found one that listens and I am feeling better. Still have tension headaches and feel weird at times, but making progress and you can toosmile

I'm sending good energy your way.

Magdalena

• Posted

Thank you Magdalena , lots of good energy please winkxx
  • Posted

Hi Sarah. Night time anxiety attacks keep me awake. It sounds like a major issue of perimenopause. We have not been prepared for these weird and distressing symptoms. Forums like this help though. I hope your anxiety eases soon.
    • Posted

Hi Laura ,thank you for replying ,you are right we have not been prepared for this misery of perimenopause ( if that's what it is ,am assuming so as am 50 ) sorry you suffering night time anxieties , I suffer from insomnia which I have just started seeing a hypnotherapist for ,not sure if it will help ,pretty expensive but have to give it a go,she is also a counsellor and says the insomnia is a symptom of stress ,which I suppose I knew really as have always suffered from stress etc ! Anyway hope you continue to feel better ! Sarah x
    • Posted

I definitely think the insomnia for me is due to anxiety as well. Sometimes I am so anxious that I wake up gasping for air. I feel for you. I bought Nutravital Restful Sleep. It seemed to improve me by relaxing my body (including stomach) but I stopped taking it whilst on antibiotics im case of contraindications. I also don't know enough about the ingredients or where they are from etc. I go to a counsellor which helps. I hope you find relief that doesn't involve spending much money. Take care and thanks again x
  • Posted

Hi Sarah

I have high anxieties myself to where my heart rate races, and my blood pressure goes up. 

What I do when I have them I have to do my coping skills deep breathing, listening to music helps, taking a bath help, exercising helps realease anxieties. Try some yoga 

Anxieties are scary i take ativan for my anxieties. 

Another thing just let you anxiety go, its okay to have anxieties its normal its your body reacting to the fear we just have to let it go and pass over because it will. It won't hurt you just hang in there and do some relaxation and deep breathing and yoga 

• Posted

It's good to have a relaxing bath or shower before bed. It helps to relax me.

And have a nice warm milky drink an hour before bed too.

Do Pilates, very good exercises.

And also learn to relax.

Get a phone app or computer app for relaxation.

Or get a relaxation player for nighttime listening to nature noises. From sea tide going in and coming out. Listening to birds singing. Anything that grounds you to nature is good.

Learn to breathe be kind to your body.

Treat it as if it's your best buddy. From top to bottom!

See how your body reacts differently.

Go for walks, as well. Keep circulation going.it will stop storing up for bad circulation problems later.

Eat more greens and healthier foods, natural foods.

Fruits. Try not to eat too much carbs.

And snacks.

Grab a piece of cucumber, carrot a piece of low fat cheese instead.

You can help relieve a lot of the menopause

Problems by just doing these things.

I find they work very well.

Liz😊🌺x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.