Food allergy connection

Posted , 13 users are following.

Just started on this cite. I wanted to share my story and hopefully it will help others. I’ve had HS for 10 years.  I have not had medical insurance this whole time. I would go to the urgent cares in severe pain. They always gave me antibiotics and a few times it was so bad I had to have them lanced. I have for the most part stopped wearing tight clothes. This has helped me so much. I no longer wear underwear.   When I have an outbreak I wash 2-3 times per day with hibiclens.  I no longer use bar soap. I use tea tree body wash. I take a lot of herbs and spices to boost my immune system. Neem caps, burdock root caps, Echinacea caps and sometimes oregonol oil under the tongue. I drink organic tumeric in tea. I also take an immune system herbal tea every morning. I take cinnamon. I also take L-lyisine. That helps a lot. I’ve been taking that for about 3 months.  I was HS free for about 5 months. Then about a week ago I started to get that dreaded feeling. I didn’t have as much pain this time and it drained within 3 days. I also take Vit C, zinc, and complex Vit B. I have tried so many products. Emu oil helps too. That helped mine come to a head and drain in record time. You have to refrigerate it after opening. Also Neem oil works very well but the smell is unbearable. This also needs to be refrigerated after opening.  I know people who have had laser hair removal and it has helped but not eliminated the problem. I truly believe there is a food allergy connection to this disease. I have gone 9 months without an outbreak when I eat well, get rest and don’t have a crazy amount of stress. Tea tree oil helps once it has drained but you need to dilute it in olive oil. Oh, how could I forget silver gel. That stuff is amazing for healing once the boil has drained as well.

My questions is besides nightshades, what other foods seem to trigger HS? I've done so much research. I've read that yeast and also dairy may be triggering factors? Any help or advise is much appreciated.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I take many of the supplements you do as well. They help. Especially when I screw up and eat something I shouldn’t. I could not figure out my food triggers. I am allergic to barley (which is in most flours), cane sugar, chicken, egg yolk, white potatoes and garlic. My worst and most instant reaction comes from potatoes and chicken. If I eat something that combines my trigger foods I almost instantly feel signs of my hs flaring.
    • Posted

Thank you for responding. I believe potatoes are one of my triggers too as paprika which seems to be in everything. Were you tested or did you just realize after consuming the trigger food?
  • Posted

Yes my daughter has hs she got tested for vitamins and minerals and deficiency it showed she was dairy intolerance and her magnesium was very low since addressing these and following a paelo diet she is almost in remmision hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thank you. I have altered my diet extremely. But I do have weak moments. I started the paelo about a week ago. I though mine was more triggered by certain yeasts, potatoes and paprika. I determined to do this diet and keep a food journal. That way I can determine for sure. I did take magnesium last year when I had an extended remission. I should incorporate that again. So happy to hear of your daughters success.
  • Posted

Like you, I do not have health insurance so when I started to develop boils I used every home remedy for them that I could find. Tea tree essential oil has been my go to remedy for years. (By the way, it and lavender essential oil are the only essential oils which you can use undiluted on your skin.) After discovering this forum about 6 months ago, and reading just about every post and comment, I realized that I have HS and that there is no medical fix for it. People here have been cut into by doctors, taken all kinds of antibiotics, all to no avail. From what I've read, it seems as though a Paleo diet may help the most people. I have not tried it myself yet, as my HS seems calm right now, but it will be the next thing I try. Google HS plague.

• Posted

yeast and Dairy are also ones for me..all nightshades..i eat limited sugars if any...Food is Key !
  • Posted

I have found that dove deordrant helps this is day 5 and my Knott's is my arm pit are gone ! I hope it keeps working this is a very pain full dease and I am sick of it !! I had it for 20 years and just realized what it was 7 years ago i cant take antibiotics they don't work any ways ! Dove deordrant seems to be working I put it under my breast to even thou. Don't get them there

• Posted

Grains, legumes, dairy, eggs, seeds and seed spices, nuts, yeast, some can evem have sugar and carb problems amd may have to try a modified keto/AIP diet change. Triggers can be anything really
  • Posted

I'd recommend reading the hiddem plague by tara grant. It was life changing for me

• Posted

I have been researching information on hydrodenitus supprativa for my husband who had a chronic condition with huge boils under his armpit and buttocks for almost 20 years...it more recently was in his armpits though and he would have huge boils twice a month he would have to get drained. I had him try everything I found online from diet, soap changes etc....nothing worked. It got so bad that a doctor was going to skin graph his armpits. I found online something about humira possibly working on HS and convinced the doctor to let him try it. He was on the drug for 6 months and then stopped the humira. He has not had 1 boil since then. ...I hate to say hes cured but it's been really promising.....thought I would pass this along since I may be able to help others with this skin condition.

• Posted

I strongly recommend you to follow the homeopathy treatment. I used to suffer from HS  and doctors gave me antibiotics for a few days but HS  flared up again after some weeks later. Since the frequent use of antibiotics are harmful, I decided to visit a  homeopathy doctor. Homeopathy  treatment are  medicines made up of natural substances with no side effect in the long-run. I am now cured and in case if HS flares up  it is very mild and as soon as I take my homeopathy medicine it disappears. 
    • Posted

Thank you. ya I will never take antibiotics again. I’ve used diatomaceous earth to cleanse several times and herbal remedies. less outbreaks and times of total remissionbut when I and stressed I usually have smaller outbreaks. ANy specific feedback relative to herbal supplements is appreciated. And anyone seeking what I’ve learned about herbs send me a private message. 💚

• Posted

what homepathic medicines are you taking please i want to go see one. i have some in my buttock area sng grooning since 2005 snd 2dsys sgo i got one on my breast i am very scared that it will start yo spread please can you help me.

sandra

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.