Food allergy connection

Posted , 13 users are following.

Just started on this cite. I wanted to share my story and hopefully it will help others. I’ve had HS for 10 years.  I have not had medical insurance this whole time. I would go to the urgent cares in severe pain. They always gave me antibiotics and a few times it was so bad I had to have them lanced. I have for the most part stopped wearing tight clothes. This has helped me so much. I no longer wear underwear.   When I have an outbreak I wash 2-3 times per day with hibiclens.  I no longer use bar soap. I use tea tree body wash. I take a lot of herbs and spices to boost my immune system. Neem caps, burdock root caps, Echinacea caps and sometimes oregonol oil under the tongue. I drink organic tumeric in tea. I also take an immune system herbal tea every morning. I take cinnamon. I also take L-lyisine. That helps a lot. I’ve been taking that for about 3 months.  I was HS free for about 5 months. Then about a week ago I started to get that dreaded feeling. I didn’t have as much pain this time and it drained within 3 days. I also take Vit C, zinc, and complex Vit B. I have tried so many products. Emu oil helps too. That helped mine come to a head and drain in record time. You have to refrigerate it after opening. Also Neem oil works very well but the smell is unbearable. This also needs to be refrigerated after opening.  I know people who have had laser hair removal and it has helped but not eliminated the problem. I truly believe there is a food allergy connection to this disease. I have gone 9 months without an outbreak when I eat well, get rest and don’t have a crazy amount of stress. Tea tree oil helps once it has drained but you need to dilute it in olive oil. Oh, how could I forget silver gel. That stuff is amazing for healing once the boil has drained as well.

My questions is besides nightshades, what other foods seem to trigger HS? I've done so much research. I've read that yeast and also dairy may be triggering factors? Any help or advise is much appreciated.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

excellent question would love to hear responses.

happy to hear you are staying on top of it. lot of trial and error.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.