For anyone following Ozzie's post

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello to all, Anyone who maybe following Ozzie's post about homelessness, i have spoken to him and he has a safe place tonight on a friends sofa. He is very ill and in effect now homeless. I have his phone no if anybody feels like they can support him in anyway. Tonight he is resting, he cannot cope with anymore so after tonight he needs support. PM me if you want to. 

Elizabeth.

4 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Poor man. Is this the man with hiv. I hope he's ok
    • Posted

Yes that is him, He is very ill and now homeless. His friend has left him has he couldn't cope, so now he is all alone. A friend has offered him the sofa tonight. A very sad situation to be in. A few of us have been trying to support him for a while now. 
    • Posted

Can the council not house him as an emergency? Surely with such bad health he needs to be top of the list. I take it he had mental health issues too at the moment. Maybe someone could make some phone call ect to get him the support he needs
    • Posted

Hello Rachel, unfortunately the council will not rehouse him, they say he made himself intentionally homeless. Two neighbours complained about him and told lies about him and the landlord evicted him. Yes he has mental health problem and mental health have not helped, he asked for a emergency social worker and he was denied that much. He asked lots of authorities to help him, nothing. A few here have followed his posts for a while and we have advised everything we can think of. it is a sad situation for him.

Elizabeth.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I hope so, i think it will have to be private rent as he will not get housed by the council or housing association. 
  • Posted

I haven't been following ozzies posts properly, could you please fill me in?

Can he not get a home through the council if he is homeless?

I have a tourer caravan that he can stay in, it has running water and electricity if it is connected to mains

My cat is having an op in a few weeks and will need to stay in it for 6 weeks, but it will be available in about 9-10 weeks? I know it's not much but it's the best I have to offer

• Posted

Hello Courtney, It's a long story but the council won't rehome him. Other Aurthorities have let him down. People here have been supportive but he needs a home. He has HIV and is very poorly at the moment, he took an overdose last week as well. I have texted him your offer and he says it's an amazing offer. If you PM your no i can pass it on to him so he can talk to you direct. 

Thanks for your support

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I can give you my number tomorrow after I have spoke to my husband about this, I am certain he will agree though. Does he have somewhere to put the caravan?
    • Posted

Okay, speak to your husband first. I don't know about where he can put caravan, that is why you need to speak direct to Ozzie. Phil is his proper name. 

• Posted

Okay. He just needs a friend who's drive he can put it on because without a car he won't be able to move it!
    • Posted

I cannot answer these questions myself. I can find out tomorrow, but wait till you speak to your husband first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.