For anyone following Ozzie's post

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello to all, Anyone who maybe following Ozzie's post about homelessness, i have spoken to him and he has a safe place tonight on a friends sofa. He is very ill and in effect now homeless. I have his phone no if anybody feels like they can support him in anyway. Tonight he is resting, he cannot cope with anymore so after tonight he needs support. PM me if you want to. 

Elizabeth.

4 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Sending him best wishes for recuperation and recovery tonight, as much as he can; each day also and praying gets through this with plenty of support~hope he was able to find somewhere to store his belongings and that he has his medicines ok. eek
    • Posted

Thanks Naila, He will read messages tomorrow. Belongings have to be removed at the latest 1 week. Think he has taken his medicines and some bedding.

Elizabeth 

• Posted

Appreciate that you are working really hard to reply in detail, to keep what support network he has here informed and involved~amazing...dont worry about replying to this one though! Hope you get some rest too.

Nx

• Posted

I am genuinely at loss for words at the treatment of this very unwell man. Truly shocking.

I've only learned of ozzies plight the last few weeks.

It has been heartbreaking to read it all unfold on here, he is in my thoughts and prayers.

And I must say that I've been truly humbled and blown away by the kindness of people on here, it just shows there is still kindness out there.

Wishing and praying for all the luck In the world for dear ozzie.

John

• Posted

Thanks, he will appreciate all the kindness of the people on this forum.

There have been lots of thoughts, prayers and compassion shown by people here, all strangers too. Yes it is very sad that Ozzie has been treated this way, a very ill man. This is Britain 2015. 

Elizabeth  

• Posted

Ozzie should apply to the Council tomorrow as Homeless.  They have a duty to investigate each case within 42 days.  Due to his MH and Medical issues he wil be classed as vulnerable.  They should put him into emergency accommodation whilst they investigate his case.  It may be that although  they say he's made himself intentionally homeless, this could change when they look into his case.  Without the documentation and full knowledge of him and the history I can't give a clear answer at this time,  Even if they still find him intentional after the 42 day period it gives him time to seek assistance to find somewhere in the Private Sector.  Shelter are a good organisation and offer great support and assistance.
    • Posted

Okay i will convey this to him tomorrow as it is late now, thanks for information.
    • Posted

I donate to shelter each month and I would like to think this was a situation they could help with! I hope he finds a proper home as the caravan is not a great long term solution
  • Posted

Elizabeth:

I have been following the post and please keep me posted on him. I am from East Long MA> USA and am  too far away to help him. But my heart goes out to him. Here we have programs through western mass elder care that pays the person who is taking care of him a good amount per month. There must be some goverment program to help whatever kind soul takes him. I am a beleiver in the good lord and am praying someone helps him.   take care.

• Posted

Thanks Doretta. Will keep people updated here. Lots of people are praying for him. Thanks for your prayers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.