For the Ladies on antidepressants to manage peri question...

Posted , 12 users are following.

Now I know hormones are the root cause and ADs will nit fix that.  That being said have any of you ladies been able to just take your antidepressant alone to manage your symptoms?  How long did they work for you.  How long have you been on them?  

Please respond too if you take an AD in conjunction with hormones, hrt, bcp, etc.  

I take an AD, it took a few weeks, but it is working ok.  Seeing if I can just ride out peri hell on AD alone.  

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Give the AD time. I've been on lexapro for 7 months now. It took about 3 months for it to fully kick in for me. My anxiety and panic attacks are greatly reduced and under control. It made dealing with other symptoms much much easier. Hang in there! Hope you start feeling better soon!

• Posted

Thanks Cyndi! Peri is a beast.  I am having some better days.  My husband told me I am better too.  Not crying for no reason anymore and I drove a few times last week...which I hadn’t done it a month (anxiety dizzy spell while driving scared me prior)...  I am really tired anyways before and after periods.  After not having anything for a couple months, My cycle has been 21 days now, so i hardly get a break!  We’ll see what this month has in store 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.