for the past 6 months i get pain/cramps every time i eat , the pain is all over my lower belly

Posted , 9 users are following.

for at least 6 months now every time i eat ( any meal small or big) i get really bad cramps in my stomach pretty much from my belly button down , it isnt on any particular side. but i dont always get this feeling if i have a snack.

it can last for hours and can start as quickly as my still sitting in the restaurant finishing my food. i the past few years i have yet to go to a restaurant and either not leave anything on my plate. most times im lucky to be able to eat a quarter of the meal before feeling the cramps. but the pain goes away over night and i dont get waken up because of it . it feels alot like generic period cramps , not at the peak of pain types of ones but the general 24/7 pain i feel when i have period pains but like i said before it covers my whole belly from belly button down to under my belly with pain/cramps.

i have had blood tests done and im not glutton intolerant or wheat intolerant. i also dont eat much dairy , defiantly not daily.

i dont really have a problem with diarrhea. i dont drink.  or smoke but i do have to take multiple tablets because of a blood thickening disease and having a auto immune disease. but i have been taking these tablets for about 3-4 years now and this is only in the last 5-7 months started happening.

ill be happy to update you if i find out what i have or if you have any other questions about what i do or dont do

2 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Nickleee121

Are you taking steroid for your autoimmune condition? as these overtime can cause gastric problems....

• Posted

Hi,

Nov im not taking steroids for my condition. The only sidea effect that could alter my body is one of my medicines can over time breakdown my muscles but I don't think I have been on it long enough and I don't think that has to do with this current condition .

Thanks for checking with that!

• Posted

I was having something similar to this and went to a gastroenterologist who gave me some medicine to try. If that doesn’t work have them do a upper gi scope and figure out. I had esophagitis the stomach ulcers. They usually look for ibs while doing that as my doctor had thought that it was ibs
    • Posted

Doctors cannot look for IBS with scans or any other test because IBS is functional (it is a disorder in how the bowel works). It doesn't affect the structure of the colon.  Doctors diagnose IBS by doing tests to exclude other causes.  If everything is negative, IBS can be diagnosed.

• Posted

Thanks! I also saw the comments below. None the less will have testing done to see if i have IBS

Thank you!

• Posted

Yes always a good way to do for better diagnostic out come. Just helping with what gave me some peace after many years of severe tummy problems my weight was down to 105 & I am 5'o. So I also had my gallbladder recovered a few years prior. 

I hope that your diagnosed and on the mend soon.

Peace and Healing! 🤗

• Posted

Yikes your symptoms sound all to familiar. Always had this issue until I decided to stop eating out at restaurants, fast foods especially greasy foods. I also kept a diary of foods that  triggers the problem. I was diagnosed with IBS.  When cutting out trigger foods, ate yogurt, took supplements to help balance gut flora  it slowly went away. 

Also cramps were were quite painful drinking warm water helped relax the stomach. 

• Posted

Hi!

Because of this pain I don't really ever eat out, i do occasionally but might go out once or twice every 3 -4 weeks. However I struggle alot more when I travel overseas. Ill start with a food diary to hopefully help me a little more to figure out what causes the most pain as pretty much every meal hurts but i will try that !

I'll also try the warm water next time i get really bad cramps , thanks !

Thank you for your help!!

• Posted

I get It. I was the same way miserable for hours after eating. Hot water help calm the cramps. Eating yogurt and even eating foods that support gut flora was a big change in my life. Hope it works out for you. 

herebto no more tummy cramps and rushing to the loo! 🙄

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.