Foreskin changes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hey guys, does anyone know what this newly discovered line on my foreskin is? It goes from the top of my foreskin, down about an inch then stops. I don't feel like it's a vein and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been there the whole time. It can be pretty firm and prominent. Could it be anything to do with over masterbating without lubrication, because my foreskin also seems to be cracking and has become a little pale. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks 😃 image image

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

All I see in the second image are veins - the first could simply be a prominent vein.

What I suggest you do is try to rectify the cracked skin: liquid Coconut Oil is the thing to try first, you can use this as a lube for masturbation, and, because it has natural skin healing properties I suggest you apply it immediately following a shower.

You should be applying it at least every other day, apply in the morning so you gain the best benefit from it. I would monitor what happens with the line to see whether it hardens any further, should it do so I would seek professional medical advice in person .....

• Posted

update: according to the GP the "vain" is the line that goes from your balls to your head, it's just not straight, which is common. in terms of the dry and cracking foreskin, I still have this issue. I've tried 1% and 5% creams but still there, if anything it has gotten worse.image any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Posted

Understanding the strengths of steroid applications, if this is what you mean by 'creams', is not straightforward. The essential element is the category of strength, rather than simply the % which is not an indicator of actual strength.

So, for example, the steroid I use to control my penile skin condition is clobetasol - even though the strength rating is 0.05%it is said to be 4,000 times stronger than regular steroid skin treatments.

My fear is that the photo you have just posted suggests you may have a severe genital skin condition. if you have not already seen a Dermatologist that is familiar with genital skin disorders I would urge you to go see one.

To have any therapeutic impact on your penile skin the steroid MUST BE in the ointment form as creams ONLY treat conditions that are present on the skin, you have damaged skin which requires steroid ointment that is used fully correctly for your skin to gain any benefit ....

• Posted

Hey, thank you very much for your comment. after reading that I booked an appointment and the GP believes I have early stages of lichen sclerosis. I have been referred to a dermatologist and instead of trying anything else in the mean time, I am to just try and keep it hydrated with dermal lotion and wait for the letter to set up an appointment. Also the previous things I was using was eumovate ointment (clobetasone) and then was suggested a lower strength hydrocortisone cream called derma care from boots.

• Posted

what 5% steroid cream did u use to clear up the discoloration

• Posted

is that the name or company i couldn't find it online there other names i see

• Posted

Clobetasone in the UK is no longer available but may still be available in the US, or on the internet. It was replaced by Eumovate - here is some detail grabbed from a medical source:

"There are two types of topical steroid that can be bought over the counter from a pharmacy without a prescription: 1% hydrocortisone cream, a mildly potent topical steroid, and Eumovate (clobetasone butyrate 0.05%), a moderately potent topical steroid cream "

• Posted

im goin to do a skin biopsy Tomorrow to see if its LS nothing is working for me i jus started ketoconazole im scared this ls i got with all the symptoms ive read and feel.

• Posted

... can you update when you have the Biopsy results ....

• Posted

went to the doctor today i done the biopsy worst pain ever @!! ! he skinned me right on theTIPnow to just wait for sure i will let you know do u have any advice on how to take care of this wound told me to use a couple creams like aquaphor healing ointment baby, zinc oxide cream

• Posted

The essential is to keep urine away from the wound: I would suggest this kind of regime until the wound is healed.

After urinating carefully use a paper tissue, or sheet of toilet paper and rub around the meatus (your pee-hole) avoiding the wound. Run either warm or cold tap water and wet the end of your index finger with the water and rub carefully over and around the meatus. Carefully dry with a clean dry towel that only you use.

You could try the aquaphor, but if you use a antiseptic cream that you regularly use to heal cuts and grazes on the body try that. Once the healing process is underway use undiluted liquid antiseptic and dab a little on the wound 2 or 3 times a day until the wound is completely healed.

Update once you have the results of the biopsy ......

• Posted

woke up today took a shower warm not to hot

after shower clean the wound with with peroxide then used aquaphor cream and then used a piece or gauze to cover wound. hopfully the test comes back good

• Edited

got my results back dermatologist said its ls ....how can this be possible if I'm circumcised and does ls cause smelly odor ??

• Edited

terribly sorry to hear that you've got it. I'm very surprised too as I had a dermatologist appointment yesterday and they said circumcised men dont get it. to answer your question, no it doesnt have an odour. I'm about to receive ointment for what they suspect is either lichen sclerosis or lichen planus. I've got to have review appointments potentially for the next 2 years, hopefully that will be less time if the treatment does its job

• Posted

i got a sample from the dermatologist for cordran flurandrenolide ive used it once but then herd about emuaid and bought it off the internet it been using that i kinda see a fading away slow effect hopefully your issue goes away ur dick doesnt look as bad as mine mine is more discolored on the head and under the head

• Posted

It is a mistaken belief that circumcised men do not get Lichen related conditions - yes the evidence may be that in statistical terms far fewer do - but it is possible. I have communicated with several circumcised men who have Lichen Sclerosus (LS) in these Forums.

Also, some medical professionals suggest to those who have LS to get circumcised to 'cure' the condition - again this may work for some depending on the location of the infected skin, but others still have LS following circumcision - and the complications that surgery may present and the disadvantages of not having a Foreskin, particularly the loss of natural hydration.

You must ensure it is an ointment, not a cream version - treat it as a regime: clean the skin with water only to start with, then completely dry. Rub the ointment in so that it is absorbed by the skin - otherwise you risk having no beneficial impact. This takes around 2 to 3 minutes at least.

You are likely to be advised to apply everyday for 2 weeks, then every other day for a further 2 weeks - the Derm then may want to see you to judge the effectiveness. I would suggest this is far too short a period in which to judge, with 3 to 6 months giving a far better period in which to judge the beneficial impact.

Once the area where the biopsy was taken is fully healed you need to get in the habit of gently stretching the skin to aid the process of getting the skin as healthy as possible.

If there is anything else you need to know about the treatment regime then simply reply / update here ......

• Posted

im in the same boat about to go see doctor for second opinion and have a biopsy booked in a few weeks.

my peinis head looks the same with white in the same area. all info i can find is pointing in that direction. i also have the white ring on a lower part of forskin that cracks when i have lots of sex.

what do you think?

• Posted

Need photos that clearly show what you are talking about for an opinion.

Please start a New Discussion Forum Post, give as much relevant detail as possible and several clear photos .....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.