Foreskin redness and shiny penis glans

Posted , 24 users are following.

For the past one month, I am having red foreskin and red spots on glans.

There is a white discharge under the foreskin even if I don't clean it for a single day. After washing the glans become shiny n develop wrinkles later. What it possibly be ?

I had sex around 1.5 months back. The symptoms developed after 15 days from the sexual activity. I used condom though. I don't have any issue while urinating but after urination it burns for 5-10 minutes at the tip of penis. I am uncircumcised and 25 year old. I consulted a urologist and applying onabet ointment for past 20 days and taking doxy tablets but the condition is not improving. The urologist diagnosed blantopithis. But I am having no improvement.

Please suggest something.

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Lost knight

I think you mean Balanoposthitis.

If you used a condom it wont be an STD.

You have been given treatment for a fungal cause, but I don't know why a 25yo would have fungal Balanoposthitis.

Are you diabetic? Do you have any long term medical conditions?

Did you do anything that may have triggered this? Put anything irritant on your penis?

• Posted

no ben i didn't put anything irritant on my penis.

it is just that after sex i didn't clean my penis. i started having sex just few weeks back only.

i didn't checked for diabetic but i don't think i have diabetics as i am healthy otherwise also no family history.

No long term medical condition too.

• Posted

It will get better, but it can take a while for inflammation to go down.
  • Posted

I consulted the doctor again and he told me to continue using onabet for another 10 days. I am using it for 1 month now but no improvement. 

Can anybody please help meeeee

• Posted

Hi Lostnight

I have had exactly the same issue for 3 months now. Seen all kinds of doctors and none has given a proper diagnosis. One said it was a yeast infection and told me to use fluconazol for two weeks. I used it for two months and no improvement. I saw another doc and he said to just ignore it as it's simple irritation and will heal by itself. But it may take some time. I don't really trust these doctors. They don't seem to know much. They look at it and you can tell by their face mimic that they have no idea what it may be. In my case it is most noticeable when under the shower or when erect. I don't know if it's the same with you. So I decided to give it some time and if no improvement then I will see a dermatologist. One thing I know is that the skin on the head is very sensitive and any irritant can cause some inflammation. I know that some condoms have spermicide which can cause yeast infection. I know it's quite problematic for us but I don't think we should worry much. Let me know if you finally have some improvement. I will too if I ever find a doc who knows what it is.

• Posted

Hi mark

Could you please share the pic of your penis glans?

I get waxy and wrinkly layer on the penis glans as shown in the earlier pic in my post. And my foreskin gets  red while washing in the shower.

If i don't clean if for 2 days then a layer of discharge gets deposited on the glans and the inside of foreskin.(smegma is different).

it is already more than one month now onabet and taking doxy and itraconazole capsules for 15 days.

Feeling hopeless now.

• Posted

I won't post a pic here but I can tell you it looks exactly like yours. I have researched the issue online and I must say that it happens quite often and guys worry what it is. Doctors don't know. So it's hard to say. I will wait and see. I don't want to use too much of these creams and drugs if they don't seem to help. Let me know once you have used up your dosage of doxy and the ointment. I may be wrong but I think it will clear on it's own but it may take a while.

• Posted

hello mark 

I have exhausted my 20 days meds and still there is no improvement.

I consulted a dermatologist few days back. He told me that i have mild balanitis.

I have been taking fluconazole 150 mg tablets for past week but there is not much improvement.

Also i have noticed that while applying the ointment my galns and foreskin looks really normal. But as soon as i wash it with water it gets red and the glans get really shiny on drying and then in a minute start developing wrinkly layer on the glans as shown in the pic below.

It is really frustrating that it is not improving still.

Tell me if you get something.

• Posted

hi Mark, I have the exactly the same thing you are describing. I see that you had it a long time ago, how did it go? did it go away by itself?

• Posted

hello my penis looks like the one in the photo my glans are purple ish white and it hurts everytime i touch it my skin is also attached too it does anyone have any clue on how to fix this?

• Posted

Hi guys,

I must say it happended to me too - about two months ago.

One day I observed little spot at the top of my glans. I thought it's something connected with bacteries so decided to clean my penis more often. Unfortunately it was replaced with another two spots which disappeared too.

Now I can observe something like small rash, just like in the picture, at the bottom. It is barely visible in normal conditions and goes more clear when erected.

Today went to dermatologist but he said they're just glands which I didn't notice previously - yep, i didin't observed them at something what I see countless times, everyday.

GP suggested getting antifungal and antibacterial cream for two weeks - of course didn't change anything.

Anyone knows anything?

• Posted

Hi stefan

It is really difficult to say something with out a pic.

Kindly share the pic of the affected area.

By the description, nothing is there to be panicked about.

Regards,

• Posted

This happened exactly the same for me. Some small red spots appeared on my glans that slowly over a week or two turned into general redness. This has now taken the form of hard smooth wrinkly skin on my glans that sticks to my foreskin as I retract it..

4 days ago I was told I have Lichen Sclerosus (BXO) which has resulted in the tightening of my foreskin. I don’t know if these symptoms on my glans are related to that? Might be worth exploring for you guys as well if it’s something that could be possible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.