Foreskin redness and shiny penis glans

Posted , 24 users are following.

For the past one month, I am having red foreskin and red spots on glans.

There is a white discharge under the foreskin even if I don't clean it for a single day. After washing the glans become shiny n develop wrinkles later. What it possibly be ?

I had sex around 1.5 months back. The symptoms developed after 15 days from the sexual activity. I used condom though. I don't have any issue while urinating but after urination it burns for 5-10 minutes at the tip of penis. I am uncircumcised and 25 year old. I consulted a urologist and applying onabet ointment for past 20 days and taking doxy tablets but the condition is not improving. The urologist diagnosed blantopithis. But I am having no improvement.

Please suggest something.

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey. I have the exact same problem, I've gone like to 3 different urologist and they seem to have no clue, they just say its normal, that it is just the glands that you have that segregate smega and they just told me to watch the area like for 3 times a day, no improvement. Have you know anything? thanks

• Posted

Mine too. I have this redness thing on my foreskin for 2 months..urologist cant have a clue. Just that if i do not mastrubate it looks gone away slowly but it become more red when i mastrubate and have red spot on my glans. Tested for all stds after 7 weeks of exposure nothing positive. And a doc say it might be herpes. But some doc say its just normal irritation.
  • Posted

Hey have seen you on Steven's post. Happened to find this while searching my symptoms. In addition to the many symptoms that Steven mentioned, I also have this shiny appearance on my glans as well. After an erection, it becomes wrinkled and just odd looking. Are you thinking that your symptoms developed after sexual exposure? 

• Posted

Yes I think so that I got it after the oral sex from someone I don't trust anymore.

The glans are normal now after I keep my foreskin retracted.

• Posted

Hmmmm....so you no longer have this shiny appearance during erection or any redness? What are your remaining symptoms? I’m already circumcised so nothing will make a difference for me in regards to foreskin. 

FYI, mine also happened after oral sex with someone I had recently met. 

• Posted

Only burning after urination and a little darkness around meatus that I think due to scaring after redness are still left.
    • Posted

ive had the same symptoms as you for 6 weeks now and while they have improved, I still have redness/disfigurement around the tip.

Did you figure out what it was or what made it go away?

• Posted

it reduced to 5% now. only get red dots while having erection, everything else is normal.

try to maintain cleanliness there and don't use soap.

also keep it dry after washing.

Cut sugar intake and apply coconut oil.

• Posted

Hi all

I wanted to give some of my own experience here. Some 18 years ago my foreskin tightened and split on trying to retract it. The symptoms were sudden, overnight. But I was in a new relationship with a woman who I know to have been promiscuous and probably I picked up something from her. Anyhow, long story short, the symptoms got worse I went to see a urologist and dermatologist at the clinic and was diagnosed with BXO or lichen sclerosus. For many years the symptoms were restricted to my foreskin, but I later develop some small raised, red welts on the end of my glans. They were quite ichy, just as my foreskin had been. When this happens I apply a very small amount of steroid cream to the area. I hasten to add that I had a lot of years when things quietened down and there was no real progression. I used strong steroid cream in the early years, but a milder one very sporadically later. I was no longer in the relationship and frankly I'm done with women, but that's a whole other story. I wouldn't have had sex anyhow, as I don't know if I have HPV or HSV2 and I wouldn't want to pass on to others what was passed on to me. 

So, about a year ago there was a leap in the progression of this condition and I developed a shiny, film over my glans, identical to Lostknight and with all the same components: a constant white layer that needed to be washed off, etc. I asked myself why the sudden changes. It may be that it has a period of dormancy and then sort of escalates, I don't know. What I do know is I was going through a stressful time and was quite depressed. That's one factor. Another is that I had started to eat more, sugary foods like cakes, because they gave me a slight lift. Previously my diet had been low in carbs and I believe that's big factor in dealing with the symptoms of lichen sclerosus. There is an undeniable correlation between flare ups and me eating crap. The best results I've had in taming the symptoms is when I went completely ketogenic. I cut way back of carbs and high on fats. There's plenty of information out there on such diets and I'd recommend at least giving it a try. 

One other thing that has helped a lot is borax. This is a recent discovery for me, but the women with this condition have been using it to good effect for years. I take a quarter teaspoon in a large mug of water internally and bathe the head of my penis in a two heaped teaspoon mix of borax in a cup of water. This has also definitely given good results. There are other things I could mention that have been significant, but I'll leave it at that for now. 

• Posted

hello Joe,

Hang in there. You will be alright.

first of all, How your doc. diagnosed that you have LS?

Also your symptoms sound similar to mine regarding the skin of glans. But there is no itching or any white layer on my glans. It gets wrinkly only when exposed to air but that seems normal to me as glans have a different skin than the rest of the body.

I consulted 2 urologist and a dermatologist, none suggested that I may have LS.

LS is characterized by white scaly and shiny skin but that's not what i have.

• Edited

any improvement u found or treatment

i have same problem like u ,i think that it might be due to ketoconazole shampoo i used for cleaning my penis after which my glans get inflamed

• Posted

I have been having this problem for around 10 years until I saw your post and realized what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.