Foreskin still attached to glans on one side of penis (with picture)

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all, sorry for the picture as I was unable to think of any way to properly explain it. I have had this issue for some time and as can be seen my foreskin still appears to be tightly fused to the glans on the left side of my penis. On the rear of my penis there is one small gap in the connection and I have attempted pulling at it recently to no avail. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the best way to resolve this, should I pull at it harder til separation or should I consult a doctor? I really do not want to undergo any form of surgery, especially not circumcision as I have heard of the multiple downsides that come with it. Thanks.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Pictures are normal here, and it's often difficult to offer advice without them.  There's a good chance that gentle stretching will fix that, especially if you're under 21.  If you've already tried stretching for more than two weeks without any improvement at all, then you could ask a doctor for a steroid cream that would probably help.  Surgery seems unnecessary, but even if it was, it would just be a very minor operation to separate the foreskin from the glans rather than a circumcision.

If you do see a doctor, then if you could update this thread and tell us what they say, it would be appreciated.

• Posted

Thanks, how exactly do you recommend stretching? Just pulling against it frequently?
    • Posted

If you're only 15, then it will probably just fix itself in a year or two.  If you want to speed things up, then I'd just try to gently roll down the bit that's stuck, maybe for 30 seconds four times a day.  Take it slow - it shouldn't be painful, and if it hurts after you've done it, then leave it a day or two.

You could also google "stretching phimosis".

I can't post the link, but if you google "Pubmed 16291369", there's a study that suggests that 96% of boys with phimosis responded to stretching and/or steroid cream.

"network54 244184" is a forum for "How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work", and some of the sticky posts there might be useful.

• Posted

Is there any downsides towards sex? will it painfully rip off causing bleed or will it come off painfully being free...
    • Posted

There should not be any sudden damage as long as you use lube for masturbation and intercourse, or you ensure your female partner is well lubricated naturally as you achieve penetration (and don't thrust too hard too soon). 

• Posted

You're so nearly freed up, I'd be disappointed in your position if surgery, however minor, was eventually needed. I'm surprised normal masturbation hasn't freed up the foreskin. Obviously, it's important not to try anything sudden or drastic, but I would expect, with perhaps a prescribed cream, you could fix it yourself over a number of weeks.

• Posted

Oh okay, as I am only 15 the masturbation has largely freed up one side of the foreskin however the other side has been stuck for over a year now. Do you recommend a trip to the doctors?
  • Posted

In view of your young age, I think it very likely that your doctor will simply say wait a couple more years to see what happens naturally. However there is no harm in consulting her / him in case there is a cream they can prescribe to help things along. I certainly agree you should refuse if there's any suggestion of circumcision.

• Posted

I have the same problem and my age is 22 year.

So what will happened to you?

Is foreskin detached?

• Posted

Hi there, yes it has since detached and is normal now smile.

I simply did some stretching exercises (recommended above), daily in the shower for 5-10 minutes.This, compounded with lighting pulling at the region eventually separated the attachment

• Posted

I have this I'm 12 will this fix whilst going through puberty or do I have to consult a medical professional

• Posted

I'm sure you two now 13-14 year olds are now released or nearly released.

• Posted

@jay56890 @ryan56080

I'm sure you two now 13-14 year olds are now released or nearly released.

• Posted

hey, sorry for late reply. are you still having this? I've had this on 2/3rd of the left size of the gland. Kind of concerned, never been in the way while masturbation or anything else. right size fell off 3 years ago but left side doesnt seem to have anything happen to it.

• Posted

im 17 and mine is like that all the way around what can i do for it

• Posted

Hi,

Have you tried the stretching or pulling the others have already mentioned?

Feel free to dm me if you prefer.

Rob.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.