Forgettng eveyting

Posted , 6 users are following.

iam am always forgetting thing and doing stupid thing I don't realise iam doing. Like the other day I peeled onions for soup I put the onion in the bin and the peelings in the soup ? Iam talking to a friend and halfway in the conversation I forget what we are talking about. This is happening all the time daily.and when speaking I get all my words mixed up. What can be going on worried 

3 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

if you have fibro or ME this is normal ..also if your of a certain age ,or  you good be aneimac

if known of these apply  get it checked out 

• Posted

Yes I'm like that sometimes forgot to put a tea bag into a cup can't remember what I've had for breakfast I can read a page then forget what it said put my glasses down then spend a few minutes trying to find them I thought it was the meds I'm taking amitriptyline plus tramadol But I don't know
    • Posted

ah i forget to put teabags in ,or put two in the same cup. 

i forget words even thou i know them  i have fibro so thats very common .

• Posted

Sounds with the tingling like what I had along with brain drain smile. I have to have b12 injections every month. See the website of 'Dr Chandy' in Durham about b12 anaemia or what is known as Pernicious Aneamia. It can cause neurological damage which can be fixed with enough b12 over time. Good luck. Hope you find out what is the matter.
  • Posted

I forget also, went to see my sister who is dying and I said to her son keep smiling !

I meant it well but it was a silly thing to say that's me now days !! 

Don't worry and sing as songs make you remember words !!

Win xx

• Posted

i was talking about trains and said railway cabbages instead of railway carriages.it was hysterical once the penny dropped what my son and husband was laughing at.razz
  • Posted

Good job we can laugh about it Gilly, Tiswas and all.

If I forget names I say "thingymebob said or whatshisname rang"

I get told "Who !!" I just say let me think.

Stupid signing off

Love to All

Win xx

• Posted

i think its in most cases age related in such that we have so much on our minds ,as we get older that we just cant remember every little detail .

of course there are other reasons and we all worry about that but if you can remember who our queen is count back fro a hundred etc its not that . remember how we laugh at our grans when they got muddled . its just our turn now ,

iv just put everything in the crock pot and sat here thinking i cant there the lid poping up and down i hadnt switched it back on after empting it of water  after heating up

so dinner is going to be late

, my classic is trying to  cook dinner with the grill and not the oven 

the times i put the grill on instead of the oven , you wouldnt believe.razz

• Posted

Hey Tis,

It's watcha macall it here j/k

How late was dinner ?

Keep Well and happy

Love

Win xx

• Posted

You are showing the early signs of dementia, and possibly Alzheimer's.  But DON'T PANIC.  I would recommend that you start out taking two 500 mg capsules of Niacinamide (vitamin B-3) every day.  Be sure to get the "-amide" form of this instead of ordinary niacin, which would probably cause to you flush red as a beet on occasion.  I have been helped by this myself.

There are other treatments that are much more effective, but more complicated.  Try this and see if it doesn't help first.

• Posted

you shouldnt frighten people like this ,not every one who gets forgetful has dementia ,  early or other wise . 

please be careful how you word things i know you didnt mean your reply  to cause stress but to some people this could be very stressing

that reminds me stress is another reason that we forget things . 

[you should have wordered your reply ,you could be showing signs of early dementia]smile

• Posted

Yes your right it's not the thing to say on a forum its can cause panic and fear saying stupid things like that very dangerous
    • Posted

Frighten people?  If I was a medical doctor, and knew that you as my patient had been diagnosed with cancer, would you prefer that I not tell you, so as not to "frighten" you?

The symptoms gilly2111 described are very definitely those of early onset dementia, if not Alzheimer's.  I am not trying to frighten anyone, but rather trying to get people to understand that this COULD be a dangerous condition that requires attention.  It is not a death sentence though, and there are in fact many very promising treatments that I have read about recently.  But the worst thing anyone could do is nothing, which might in fact happen if I were to say "Don't worry be happy", or something to that effect.

• Posted

but hun its the way you put it , there are numerous conditions that makes you forgetful ,just being on a diet can affect your memory ,not getting the rigth nutrients can effect your memory ,serious heavy metal toxic metals can effect your memory , you cant say its early dementia with out testing someone and thats the doctors job , 

your right in what you say but like i said you should have worded differently ,[it could be early dementia ] not the way you put it ,your showing early signs of dementia ,

i have fibromyalgia and have had bouts of serious brain fog for over 10 yrs ,where i struggle for everyday words , forget what iv gone into a room for, for get mid sentence what i am saying ,but i most definatly dont have dementia . lol just becareful how you word it ,thats all .

• Posted

yes it makes me cross we all sometimes word things wrong but we should be extra careful when talking about things like this . 

i worded something about cancer with out using the word ,simply said its something that needed to be ruled out ,i didnt say she had it ,

as she was 41 and used her voice a lot in her job , but i also said it was highly likely to be polups non cancerous growths , like singers and public speakers get

but knowing of two people who died very quickly from throat cancer it was worth ruling it out .i myself have had xrays for cancer due to a permanet cough but it turned out to be nothing , just ruled it out ,

• Posted

I have to respectfully disagree.  It is far better to err on the side of caution, than to assume that something is benign and not worth doing anything about.  My mother had Alzheimer's the last 10 years of her life, and eventually died of it in a nursing home.  I am convinced that the drugs they were giving her in the nursing home made her condition worse, not better.  I have recently encountered information confirming my beliefs.  But, as I stated in the "Alternative vs. Conventional Medicine" topic I just started, such alternative views are being suppressed here.

I am trying to help people, not hurt them.  "Brain fog" IS a symptom of early onset dementia (maybe Alzheimer's was too strong a word), and it needs to be taken seriously.  Because if left untreated, it often does progress into full-blown Alzheimer's.  But please note that there are alternative treatments for this that appear to work.  I will have to pm this information to gilly2111, as you suggested in the other topic.  But other people who could benefit from this will be left out.  This should not be!

• Posted

your missing my point hun ,all i am saying is everyone who is having memory problems hasnt got early dementia . there are a whole load of other conditions that can cause this problem. 

and unfortunatly only medical proffesion can diognose them  .[often wrongly]

i met an  alternative doctor who told me that a lot of patceints diognosed with dementia

due to  medication that they have been taking.for some other illness.

he was a trained medical doctor who sore the eror of his ways and became an alternative practitnoier we need more o f these ,available to people who want to use this form of medincine

once removed from the medications alot recover there memory in full .

nothing  that is possiably serious should be ignored, but you need to know what your dealing with first ,i love alternative medincine and prefer it for myself .

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Stephens 104 I appreciate all the help people are giving me weather it be good or bad. Hey that's life. And I'm sorry if some of your comments have been removed because of me . Iam a new member so iam only learning about this site . It is frightening when we learn things COULD be really bad I understand where your coming from and it didn't frighten me because I have thought about that one myself. I think it could be fibro fog as I have FM but you can never be too sure so will mention to the doctor on my next visit..thankyou 
    • Posted

Well, you seem to be missing MY point, which is really not what the correct diagnosis is, but simply recognizing that we have a serious problem here.  It may NOT be dementia, as you point out.  In fact, this reminded me of a commons side-effect of cholesterol-lowering STATIN DRUGS!  I was on one of these myself for all of THREE DAYS, before I was ready to throw the pill bottle completely away!  I suddenly felt confused, light-headed, and totally unable to concentrate.  I would read a paragraph, and not be able to recall anything that I had just read!

Fortunately for myself, I already knew that this was a side-effect of statin drugs, and decided I was going to pitch the damned things.  Within three days of being off them, I was completely back to normal.  Turns out that I later read that your brain is mostly composed of cholesterol (and water), so guess what happens to it when you take cholesterol-lowering drugs?

Medical doctors should already know about this.  It's their job!  It's what they get paid to do!  But instead I, who never went to medical school, and don't get paid a dime to do the basic research that all doctors shouid be doing themselves, know more about this than regular doctors do.  This is inexcusable!  This is why I hate conventional medicine and consider it a death cult!  I definitely agree with you about alternative medicine.

• Posted

MYGRAN told me if you want to live a long life stay away from doctors .eat well sleep well and excersise as much as you can ,

she walked to the shops daily for her shopping .

she was 89 when she died ,and i never once knew her ill or in bed after 9am id known her under the weather but never ill

, she had R/A  all she used was winter green ointment and beechems powders 

think today most people think the doctors got a pill for every thing .

a friend of my dads was depresesd and went to the doctors the doctor gave her some pills she took one that nigth the same night she died from side effects of the drug .autopsy reported it as such .

i was reading more cases simulair  to this today

. q10 should always be taken if  people insist on taking statins, but your right they are very dangerous .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.