Found a BV cure!!!

Posted , 59 users are following.

After having it for almost two years, I can finally say my symptoms are FINALLY showing improvements!! I've tried literally everything on this planet from antibiotics to hydrogen peroxide to tea tree to garlic to lemon to coconut oil to vinegar to yoghurt.. still nothing.

So I did some research and I found a woman on YouTube who said salt water bath is the cure. I tried it but it didn't really work for me but I can say it soothed THE OUTSIDE of my vagina. But of course the problem is internal. So I figured I'd use salt water tampon. 

Salt works by drying out the bacteria by drawing out the water from their cell membranes, causing dehydration. 

Hence killing it. This may help destroy the BV biofilm that attaches to the vaginal wall by drying it out, causing it to no longer survive. I figured that's what it would do. 

So I got a small cup and poured around 100ml of water and added one heaped teaspoon of sea salt ( has to be sea salt ) then I mixed it together. Then added a tampon inside n left it to soak in the solution for 30 mins. Then I insert it and leave it in for about 2- 3 hours repeating twice a day. I'm currently on the 4th day and so far the discharge and odour has decreased drastically. The itch has gone!!!

I'm going to do this for another 3 days then I'll follow up with canesten vaginal probiotics and I'll update you smile 

I'm also taking vitamin D3 tablets 400 I.U per tablet. Twice a day! 

So far I'm impressed with the results but this is the only thing that has worked for me and actually shown results. Different things work for different people.

6 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

i tried this today, unfortunately i was only able to soak it for 10 mins as i was in a hurry to leave the house. iv never used tampons before and really struggled to get it inside. it was puffy and wet. each time i forced it in. water would escape and it was really uncomfortable to keep in. i eventually took it off. am i doing it right?

• Posted

hey please try BLACK SEED OIL..i take the pills ..i know the feeling ive struggled fir almost 6 years and this past 1 and a half was depressing..chunky discharge and a fishy smell that wouldnt go away ive tried everything...i wanna cry right not bc i have been cured for almost a week ...after taking one pill my discharge was gone in a hour and this was the last day of my period and the next day after i took another one smell was gone !! also ive had sex numerous of times and still bv free. The pills are sold on amazon but they also have the liquid.hope this helps

• Posted

I know this post is old, but I am hopeful you will answer. Did your symptoms stay gone and is there any particular brand of black seed oil that you used?

• Posted

Hi i came acroos this looking for a bv cure ive been suffering with it for about 2 years and a half & want to try the salt tampon but how do you do it exactly ? Do you take out the tampon of the tube thing and out it into the water and insert it because the tampon expands and is very painful. thank you ! hope someone can answer i know this post is from a long time ago.

• Posted

i havent tried it but try to look into yoni pops ...they have sea salt in them ..ive bought me some and going to try them after my current cycle ...alot of people say they work..you only have to 1 to 3 a month..I hope this helps

• Edited

Sea Salt, eh? - OK, sounds like a smart, clean, interesting idea, totally homeopathic. I hadn't read about it anywhere else, so I jumped in to try it myself in a fit of desperation. I'm now 45, and over the last 6 years, I've had BV return every single mfn time I have sex with a new partner, and it's absolutely killed my interest in dating or having sex to the point I just quit. No joke. I've been 97% abstinent for the last 3 years- having had sex only 3 times this year with BV following each time. The prospects of going to the doctor one more time, waiting 3 days for the urine culture in agonizing pain, starting the dreaded nuclear antibiotic, and waiting for it to kick in another 3 days, then getting the yeast infection aftermath, and going back to the doctor again for another test for yeast infection, waiting for those test results, and another prescription for yeast, is just a 2-week+ ordeal of torture I don't wish on ANYBODY. It sucks more than words can say. It astounds me how many women are suffering and how long we're muddling through. It all makes me super angry- but back to the sea salt anyway. Had sex with new partner last Saturday. 3 days after, on Tuesday, started to sense vaginal weirdness brewing, by Wednesday morning was sure it was back, and ran into doctor before work for the pee tests. 2 days later while flailing around in utter vaginal misery and discomfort, the urine culture showed no gardnerella, therefore negative for BV. Whaat the hell. First time I've had a negative BV test and definitely makes me suspicious this is a false negative. Nevertheless, after seeing this Sea Salt thread, I just started doing sea salt tampon soaks, 1x Wed, 2x Thurs, 2x Friday, 1x Saturday and slowly but gradually I feel my (worst) symptoms fading. It's no slower than an antibiotic so far. The weird thigh nerve pain with hypersensitive skin that feels like it's paper on fire disappeared after first day, the cramps faded after 2 days, the intense burning burning vagina pain, pain when I pee, and itching fading after 3 days, and I'm now writing this with a moderate/mild pinching sensation left at the vaginal opening and hoping this is the tail end of it! I know, this is a weak testimonial for the sea salt treatment method because I tested negative for BV this time, but keep in mind a) I'm skeptical I'm negative; b) if I have another type of pathogenic bacteria-takeover, I feel like this is kicking it to the curb slowly. And all relief is good relief!

*As of Friday, in an effort to bolster support for the good bacteria guys, I've also started taking AZO Complete Feminine Balance Daily Probiotics for Women (sub $25 Amazon).

*I'm currently waiting for more lab results to check for all things STD which in my experience have always come back negative 100% of time, but we'll see.

Here's my (US) interpretation of the original Kelly kelly71047 instructions: get a small glass/ceramic/Pyrex/cereal bowl (non-plastic) and put 1 heaping teaspoon of sea salt in it. Most sources say to buy non-iodized sea salt for soaks. I could not find info about any harmful effects of using iodized sea salt or reasons not to, so I used what was on-hand. Fill a small saucepan with filtered water (no chlorine) and heat it to boiling to sterilize, turn off heat. Pour hot water into a 1/2 cup measuring cup, and pour the 1/2 cup of water over the salt into the bowl, and stir. The hot filtered water ideally will be sterilized, not have chlorine in it, will not pickup any toxins from a heated plastic container, and will dissolve the sea salt upon stirring. I then take a "regular" sized yellow wrapper tampon (yes go organic if you can) and push it out of the cardboard/plastic applicator, drop the cotton bullet into the bowl, and let it unfold and soak up the sea salt water. [I tried a larger "green" tampon one time and thought it made me feel uncomfortable and felt I did not have as much symptom relief afterwards as I had with the regular/yellow size.] I did as Kelly advised and let it soak 30 minutes which gives the water time to cool and tampon plenty of time to absorb. To begin, I did tampon soaks in sea salt only. After a few days I did some more reading online, got a little more curious, and added one single drop teatree oil, one single drop lavender oil (therapeutic grade oils). Stir. Set a phone timer 30 minutes. Come back, wash your hands, set the bowl near the toilet, sit down, swirl the tampon around in the sea salt a couple times, then pick it up, fold it in half lightly without squeezing it too much, and insert it over the toilet so the sea salt water that will squish out will fall in the toilet, push it up and in with a finger or two to seat it in place, and make sure the string is still dangling down so you can get it out easily later. Put a thin pad on, and set a phone timer for 3 hours.

I was a bit curious if the sea salt soak would make me thirsty or raise my blood pressure as my body absorbed the extra salt, but I've not noticed either of those things happen. Seems to be a relatively low-impact soak but does make me feel the vaginal area is moist/cool and is a little uncomfortable that way.

*Backup plan: I've also ordered NeuEve BV Clear 3 suppositories (sub $50), and although I have never used this product before, it's interesting to me as another homeopathic alternative to antibiotics, with good reviews and may be worth a look if you haven't heard of it.

I'll post again if there's anything else interesting to share and hope you do too. I'm still reading!

Love, A. Patient

• Edited

So.... I've had a on and off again toxic relationship with this BV. I find that a week before my period comes on I start to get a oder... so I will take a bath.... then boom full on fishy odor. I took a bleach bath yesterday and today I literally smelled fish when I woke up. I am not sexually active for a while now. I know its the bleach. I am about to try the sea salt tomorrow. I wish this would stop happening. I need results. my daughter is 5...and u know kids are brutally honest. she said mommy u smell like fish.

• Posted

Do you boil your water or use cold water and salt and stick it for 2-3 hours?

• Posted

do u take the tampoon completely out or like half way and soak it cause if u take it all the way out when u squeeze it to put it in it squeezes everything out

• Posted

i have a question. i am currently trying this now (so thank you for the tip), but how did you know it was working? i think it seems to be working for me but how did you know? did a yellowish discharge come out on your tampon? after you finished treatment did your vagina go back to normal? im open to trying anything because I do not want to go back to the doctors because the second time i used antibiotics they did not work at all. please reply when you can.

• Posted

Yes a warm salt water douche or soaking a tampon in it is very beneficial. what you can also do to prevent recurring Bacterial Vaginosis & Yeast infections, is nice warm salt water douche at the end of your menstrual cycle for one day only.

It removes any remaining blood and balances your pH. I've been doing for years now and never had any issues.

cheers

• Posted

Thanks for giving us the good suggestion about BV cure. I will definatly try it out period time. Again thanks

• Posted

i am now trying the sea salt method myself only doing once a day also doing a sea salt bath i take femodopolis 10 cfu twice a day i think it might actually be working not 100 percent sure using condoms with my partner while i treat it hoping and praying this works and doesnt come back i want to have a normal relationship again with no worries like this

• Posted

why don’t you guys go to a Dr. or even get lab testing from home? a lab test will tell you EXACTLY what you’re dealing with so you can treat it correctly! my goodness! vaginal health shouldn’t be left to a guessing game! Well it sounds to me if your bodies haven’t cleared out the infection yet on their own with all the treatment that you’re doing including salt tea tree and everything else is that you have an STD called trichomoniasis. this is a parasite and while all of the treatments that you mention above will knock it down somewhat it can never be fully killed without the use of Flagyl. Which is a type of anabiotic but not some thing commonly prescribed unless you have this particular parasite. Whoever is still suffering with these problems should Google the parasite I have mentioned above. It is extremely contagious and can cause a lot of fertility problems! Men very rarely experience any type of symptom so it is extremely common but for some reason very few people have even heard of it. I have had it twice now in my life and the symptoms that you are experiencing and describing are the exact same thing as what this parasite produces. Without salt water rinses or tea tree oil tampons it will become overgrown inside your reproductive body So if you were experiencing symptoms that seem to go away while you were treating and then come back with a vengeance as soon as you stop, you are most likely dealing with this STD or STI.

• Edited

So tried the sea salt tampon treatment you described and today is day 1 and so far it has made BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!. I will update once I finish a whole week. Thank you. ☺

• Posted

Thank you for posting. Please keep us updated. I am at my breaking point and I will be trying the sea salt.

• Posted

how did you do it because i tried the salt water method and it burns my vagina

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.