FOUND FIT TO WORK

Posted , 6 users are following.

Received a letter today which says I have been found fit to work. The date on the letter is 5th December. I don't get this as I have not had a face to face thing. I do not have any other income on top of all I got letter from council saying my hb/ctax is stopping. What a should I do? I am going to lose my home...

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi julie does it say if you can appeal there decsion ? if not your best bet would be to go to cba really hope you get this sorted x
  • Posted

Hi Julie,

Were you in any of the groups before this or were you on assessment rate ESA? If you didn't have an assessment then it seems like they made a paper based decision sad or did you just not attend the assesment?  Either way you're only option would be to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) The only problem now is you only have 28 days from the date on that letter to ask for this. If you're going to chalenge this decision then you're going to have to ring DWP tomorrow morning and state you want this MR but only recieved the letter today. They will extend the time for you. Post was obviously held up because of Xmas. In the meantime you'll have to apply for JSA. If you do ask for the MR i'd advice contacting CAB they'll be able to help you further. More evidence would be a good idea too.

As for your rent. There's nothing to worrry about with that. DWP have just contacted the housing people telling them your ESA money is stopping. Once you put your claim in for JSA you'll be able to contact your housing people to tell them you're now claiming that and your HB and CT will start again. It's long and complicated but you really do need to move fast on this. Good luck.

• Posted

Someone has told me if it is first time found fit for work they still pay esa. Also if I apply for jsa they will say I have deemed myself fit for work. Another thing ho can esa find fit to work without face to face? They can't. Only pip can be declined without one to my understanding

• Posted

I had no face to face. I get standard rate care on pip £55.10 a week.11 points. I know that's harsh. I have very bad anxiety and severe depression at times which comes and goes. I was assessed for pip at same time as dla to pip. That took three months. Now this with esa. I live on my own and no one to help me really.

• Posted

You were told wrong. If you're found fit to work you won't be able to claim ESA until either the decision has changed or if it stays the same you appeal and take it to tribunal. Did you fill out another ESA50 form?

• Posted

The only esa50 I filled out was towards end of September. Before that I was on ib until it changed to esa. So from around 2012 I've been in WRAG. This is making me really bad. I'm on a high dose of paxil and feel really bad.

• Posted

Yes it can take that long. I filled out my ESA50 in mid August and didn't here anything until end of November. Are you sure you haven't missed a f2f assessment? it's seems like to me you may well have missed the appointment. Didn't recieve the letter is quite possible. Either way you're only going to know the answer by ringing DWP first thing tomorrow. But the only way now is to ask for that MR.

• Posted

I am 45 years old. I worked from age of 16 had my own shop, had an abusive husband so half each really when divorced. Then I was sectioned in 2010. Lived off my savings till around end of 2011/12. I'm getting very wound up and upset.

• Posted

It doesn't say in the letter that I missed a face to face.

• Posted

I will phone them in morning. I was out today when post came and was too late to phone when I opened it
    • Posted

I'm sorry to hear this. It wouldn't say in the letter you missed an assessment. Like i said please ring them tomorrow. This is the only way you'll find out. You'll have to claim JSA until a decision has been made on the MR. First though you have to ask for the MR. Sounds like it's all a bit of a mess. They open at 8am tomorrow. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Julie,

They can't declare you fit for work without having face to face. You should ring them tomorrow in the morning if you can. Good luck .

• Posted

This was my thoughts after i posted the first reply. They can stop your money though if you don't turn up for the assessment. Which is most likely what happened.

• Posted

Yes Denise, you are right. They can't declare anyone fit for work without assessment and it looks like she might have missed hers.

I have read lot about ESA stopping due to missing assessments but somehow claimants had no idea about having one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.