Four years today.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Made it to four years since surgery today! No problems except for niggling anxiety. It was an extended right hemicolectomy with a blockage, waste build up behind it of over four litres and two small perforations well away from the tumour. T3N0M0. Enough information! Best wishes to all. confused

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Next
  • Posted

John. Glad to here it's been 4 years and hope you have many many more that's great news

• Posted

That's great news John.Martin has almost reached 1 year.Anxious time as waiting for CEA test results.

• Posted

Hi there. Let me know how he gets on. Waiting is always an anxious time. I find that if I go early, the results are there that afternoon. I'm waiting for another colonoscopy now, which was due early October, but probably won't be until January! He'll be ok. cool

• Posted

Martin had the CEA test on 1st Nov and we have to wait until 30th for the result?? I think he is also due a colonoscopy at the end of the year.Will keep in touch.
    • Posted

Hi Jenny-hope Martin's news will be good-and both of you will have  a happy Xmas-

I have my next scan in 2018 (January)-It is an anxious time when we are awaiting results-

Best regards

Susan

• Posted

Thank you Susan and wishing you the best possible scan result in January.Hope you have a lovely Christmas and New Year,

All the best from Jenny.

• Posted

Good Luck to you John- may you have many many more years of good health (and good news)!

Very best wishes

Susan.

• Posted

Hi John, Martins CEA blood test results were all fine, such a relief ! He now has a colonoscopy booked for January 8th.I did ask the question about how reliable the CEA tests were and was told not 100% ! His marker was 2 and hasn't changed so if it starts to rise then they know to check it out.

Best wishes to you and keep in touch.

• Posted

Good news! ?Enjoy December and Christmas. Don't worry about the colonoscopy. Easy to say, I know. It looks as if he's being well looked after. 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Thank you and wishing you all the best with your scan result in January.

Jenny x

• Posted

Hello John, Hope all is well with you.Martin had his colonoscopy recently and apart from some signs of diverticulitis and a polyp all was clear.They removed the polyp and sent it for testing but said it looked normal.We are so relieved.Next checkup is a CT scan in May.

If Susan is reading this message, I hope your scan in January comes back all clear.

All the best 

Jenny.

• Posted

Hi Jenny so pleased to hear all is well with your husband-

I won't know anything until 15 Feb when I see my consultant-

Feel fine otherwise no problems-

Thanks for your good wishes.

Very best wishes

Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.