Four years today.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Made it to four years since surgery today! No problems except for niggling anxiety. It was an extended right hemicolectomy with a blockage, waste build up behind it of over four litres and two small perforations well away from the tumour. T3N0M0. Enough information! Best wishes to all. confused

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi john my hubby had his right hemicolectomy on 14th dec he had full incision he also had illieus where bowel didnt wake uo for about 6 days with massive fluid build up draining naso gastric tube for a full week and at same time wound infection which required small incision to drain it ,he came home on day 15 after surgery he got results back he had some lymph node and blood vessel  involvemement and will need comination chemo . Nurses coming daily still to pack and dress wound ,but he is now

managing to eat a bit more so hopefully things will improve with wound as well as

wound needs to be 100% for chemo .anyway am glad to hear you are going well after 4 years thanks marg 

• Posted

Best wishes to you both ?for continued progress. Infections are a nuisance but it will clear up soon. Glad to read that he's eating ok. 

• Posted

Hi John- So pleased to hear your good news  - I am feeling bit anxious as have my CT scan next week and hoping there's nothing nasty in the woodshed!   - (3 yrs for me next month)!

Sincere good wishes to you and  all  who have survived cancer !

Susan

• Posted

Hi Susan. ​They say that three years is a good milestone to reach! But I know, the  anxiety is always there. Every blood test, scan etc... Looking forward to a good report from your CT scan! biggrin
    • Posted

Thanks John - Will let you know results !! ??

Thanks for your kind interest-

Very best wishes

Susan

• Posted

Hello Susan. What happened with the scan? Or have I missed your results? Hope you are ok! 
  • Posted

Hi John

Good to hear from you -

Scan was a week ago -haven't seen consultant yet -will see him 15 Feb-I had a blood test same day as scan-I wrote to nurse about something else and she mentioned blood test was good-so am keeping everything crossed till 15th !

Hope you are 100% !

Very best wishes

Susan 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Good to hear that yourself and John are both doing well.Hope your scan results are all clear.Martins next scan is May and we have booked a cruise for early June so keeping everything crossed for a good result.

All the best

Jenny.

• Posted

Hello Jenny

Hope all will be well for Martin and that you will both enjoy yourselves on the cruise!

Have a good time!!

Best wishes

Susan

• Posted

Hello Susan, Hope your scan and blood results were both clear.I have had my fingers crossed for you.

Take care 

Jenny.

• Posted

Hello Jenny

Thanks for remembering me-I am fine-  got the all clear blood/scan tests-consultant pleased with me-no more tests this year but 'Camera'  Dec 2019 (not looking forward to that much)! Still mustn't grumble-am doing well-suppose I'm in remission ? !

Hope you and your husband are well-

Many thanks for your kind thoughts and comments.

Very best wishes to both

Susan

• Posted

Hello Susan,

So pleased to hear your news.

We are both well so far.Martins next scan and bloods are sometime in May.

All the best

Jenny.

• Posted

Hi Susan. Hope you are doing ok. No change with me bowel ​cancer wise, but a question about an enlarged prostate now! Early days yet. Blood test just in normal range, PSA test. Not tooooo  bothered ATM.  
    • Posted

Hi John

So pleased to hear from you -hope your health will stay excellent !

I have been told am 'cured' - as they removed the tumour -so will have the 'camera' Dec 2019

(providing am still breathing)!

Stay well - do let me know how your results (if any) are ?

Very best wishes

Susan

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Just letting you know that Martins scan results are all clear.Such a relief.Hope you are doing well.

Best wishes

Jenny.

• Posted

Hi Jenny- so pleased to hear such great news!

Go out and celebrate!

Very best wishes

Susan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.