Four years today.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Made it to four years since surgery today! No problems except for niggling anxiety. It was an extended right hemicolectomy with a blockage, waste build up behind it of over four litres and two small perforations well away from the tumour. T3N0M0. Enough information! Best wishes to all. confused

2 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi John, Martin survived prostate cancer over 12 years ago.He had it removed and has yearly PSA tests.

His next scan for bowel cancer is on May 8th so hoping for a good result.Great to hear you are doing well and also Susan.Will keep in touch when we get the results.

Best wishes to you all

Jenny.

• Posted

Hello again John,

Martin has just had the results of his last scan and I am happy to say they showed no evidence of cancer.Feeling very relieved.Hope you are doing well.

Regards 

Jenny.

• Posted

Hi Jenny

Saw the good news on here - am so pleased for you both.

Very best wishes

Susan

• Posted

Go Martin! That's really good, you both will be very relieved the wait is over. I'm still doing well, the colonoscopy, CEA test and latest appt with the consultant were ok. One more appt and blood test in Nov then the five years are up! I'm still mildly concerned about the prostate exam in a few days, but .... 

Keep fighting! John. 

• Posted

Hi Susan,

I noticed that you have not posted recently and hope that all is well with you.

Best Wishes

Jenny.

• Posted

Well done John for nearly reaching 5 years.Martin will be 2 years in December.

Best wishes from Jenny.

• Posted

Hi John,

How are you doing? Martin has now reached 2 years since his diagnosis and operation and his latest CEA bloods were all good.

Wishing you a Happy Christmas and healthy New Year.

Jenny.

• Posted

Hi Jenny. Two years is an excellent milestone. Tell Martin to keep up the good work! I am ok, but the final appt after five years had to be delayed because I developed Shingles! I also have Intermediate Grade prostate cancer now which needs radiation in January. So I'm not too happy, but I have been through a lot worse!

Best wishes for Christmas and New Year to you both. John.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.