Frankie

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just found this site these bisoprolol tablets are a night mare DR put me on 2.5 mg been on two weeks been ill every day really rough so so cut in half to1.25 mg 7days now still ill told DR wasent happy but said ok also take on night because of bad bad head all day since going to half bad head eased still getting mental hits awful think need to get of these many thanks to Bob and Sharon and rest for posts

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

If I could go back in time to change just one thing in my life, it would be to have never taken this medicine, even though I was told I could die without beta-blockers, two years since I took my last one, yet this is still worst than death.

• Posted

ME to l just had high BP change DR on prazosin now hope this get me out this night mare

• Posted

i took bisoprolol for 4 years..then changed to atenolol. i wish id found the info on here earlier. id visited my gp and cardiologist...neither of whom accepted that the many symptoms/ side effects were due to betablockers. i was prescribed this for a fib. its taken a time to realise that i was suffering from the betablocker and not the a fib.

i eventually saw a go who was ok with me reducing it from 10 mg to 5 mg. i then reduced it until i no longer took any. i can only describe the weaning off this drug as a nightmare. the withdrawal symptoms lasted for more than 6 mths. i have been beta blocker free for 18 mths... side effects gone and in still alive! i agree with PETER , id rather be without this med. ive read also that these meds can be ok for many...but not for me. i never want to take either of these beta blockers again. good luck witk your gp,dont let him fob you off,like mine did.

• Posted

thank you for your post just found it l am on Praxosin 1mg now started on .5 l had to see another Dr to get off biso other Dr said just give biso time 9 weeks no good nightmare so into third week on prazosin bit improvement hope it dose not go on for six months like some posts

• Posted

AllI can say is....nightmare

I was put on 5 mg for tachycardia. I took the 5 mg for 2 months, and lowered the dose to 2.5 for another 2 months

The whole time i could not get off the sofa. I felt like a zoombie. No energy. My hands and feet were freezing. My heart rate was very low. my blood pressure was very low. and i also take a blood pressure pill.

I was booked for an ablation and my EP told me to stop the biso 5 days prior. I asked him if that was okay to just stop. He said no problem.So I did. But it was no fine. Worst withdrawals ever. Anxiety through the roof and legs all jerking and jittery. Just terrible.

I did not realize at the time that this was withdrawals, and thought it was anxiety. So I went to my gp and he put me on Clonezepam and trazodone. Worst idea ever. Shame on me for not checking into these drugs.

Because my ablation was not successful because he could not get my heart to go into tachy, because of the benzo, I had to start the weaning procedure of these 2 drugs in order to have a second try. Weaning took 9 months, and I am now 13 months post withdrawal, and am still having withdrawal.

If I knew then what I know now..........

• Posted

i know exactly how you feel. betablockers..side effects...no gp to accept i was having trouble..4/5 years of hell...then the withdrawal! THE WEANING was probably worse than taking the meds, but like you ive stuck it out. im free of these awaful meds...its taken some time and im annoyed that i wasnt listened to and had to suffer for all those years. thankfully im free of these meds. ive read that it can take ages to get rid of the withdrawal symptoms...i still have a jittery feeling ..but that may be the a fib. in anycase im a whole lot better and can function as i did before taking the meds.

• Posted

I am so glad to hear you are doing well.

|This has been a long process.

It started with the biso \feb 2016

As mentioned stopped it abruptly

Then went on the trazodone and the klonopin. The weaning off the last 2 took 9 months. I am now 13 months since I have taken anything. Still going through stuff. Worst time of my life.

How long have you been off| the beta blocker?

The benzo and the trazodone withdrawal was a nightmare.

I have atrial tachycardia, and that is why I started the bisoprolol.

I have tried 3 times to have an ablation. That's a whole different story

• Posted

ive been off the beta blockers almost 2 years. i take rampril 5mgs and rivaroxiban...anti coagulant. i want to stop the rampril ..but its a capsule. also i need to lose weight,otherwise i feel ok. hope you manage the withdrawal....it was worth it for me. best wishes.

• Posted

Years ago, I took ramipril but it was pill form. It caused a terrible cough so I was switched to a different bp med. I did not wean, just switched to the other

• Posted

gosh hope up are pulling around l just had high BP when Dr put me on this night mare another Dr put me on prazosin hope this is going to get me off biso l have a lot of your systems

• Posted

Years ago, I took ramipril but it was pill form. It caused a terrible cough so I was switched to a different bp med. I did not wean, just switched to the other

• Posted

HI Lolasman l was on rampril capsul 1.25 l was doing great on them till Dr said take two then on good so DR put me on bisoprolol no good on 2.5 so cut to 1.25 only 7 days in so Dr say got to give it time seem bit better time will tell was on amlodipine very bad prostrate pain with them stop them no pain

• Posted

Sorry, this was meant for Elizabeth

• Posted

i know that some meds are life needy,but im now reluctant to go to my gp and or take any other meds. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENT BETABLOCKERS?? big but...ive read that if you are intolerant to a particular one then youre likeiy to have similar problems with any of the others. its a bit of a lottery...finding something to help a medical problem. ive tried 2 betablockers...both gave me horrible side effects. so,for me....ive chosen no betablocker. some may think im crazy,but ive suffered long and hard with these drugs. its my choice and ill take what comes. i feel like my old self without them. no longer a zombie, falling asleep! no energy! palps, no foggy brain..i can think clearly! no weakness in the legs..and others.

i need to tackle my weight gain...whilst on these meds...4 stone gained in 4/5 years...mostly because i didnt feel like moving! AS FOR RAMPRIL????jurys out on this one. my hair has thinned...losing more than before, bp much the same as before i started with these, cough when i go to bed..oh and strange dreams. i hope ive helped. beta blockers are life saving for some...but theyre not for me.

• Posted

Yup, I totally agree.

I would rather have tachycardia than be on them. My choice.

I had wished an ablation had been successful. Maybe if |I considered a fourth one....who knows

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.