Frankie

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just found this site these bisoprolol tablets are a night mare DR put me on 2.5 mg been on two weeks been ill every day really rough so so cut in half to1.25 mg 7days now still ill told DR wasent happy but said ok also take on night because of bad bad head all day since going to half bad head eased still getting mental hits awful think need to get of these many thanks to Bob and Sharon and rest for posts

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Even my having stopped taking Bisoprolol just a few weeks short of two years, my symptoms remain, so these things can literally be negatively life changing events, my cardiologist has told me he has another patient who has had the same permanent damage from Bisoprolol.

One thing I have recently learned from having one of these ancestry and heath DNA tests, I have quite a few genes that make me a "slow metaboliser " of certain drugs, including beta blockers. What this means, is that when I take the next days dosage, the previous days dosage hasn't been removed from my system, so I gradually became more and more overdosed until I was found barely conscious and taken to hospital.

Would it have occurred to anybody here that such a thing is possible? Shouldn't they make sure before giving anybody such dangerous drugs?

• Posted

Hope you get sorted soon l went to DR still want me to take biso so went to see another DR he told me to half 2.5 for 7 days then take .5 of prazosin for 7 days then he said take 1 mg for 2 weeks i am in to third week still have mental spasms bad head spasms and anxiety still feel not good a lot just keep plodding on go see Dr next week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.