Fraudulent Claims

Posted , 6 users are following.

Just seen the news regarding lady who was found to be claiming when not entitled, seems she had photos depicting her doing things that she supposedly couldnt physically do, so now every time we go out the world and his wife will be judging whether we are indeed entitled to the benefits we claim.

One bad apple can probably make the general public believe we are all malingering, so much for some saying that those that claim are always honest, I beg to differ, but now it will be even harder for those of us to prove we genuinely cannot get about without help.

And we will all be under greater scrutiny, oh well I think that if anyone does decide they can exaggerate there condition to get a higher benefit award are probably going to come a cropper as this will make it even more difficult to make a false claim, well you would imagine that to be the case, wouldn't you.

4 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have seen  many claiming benefits who are not entitled and the reason I know they are not entitled is because they are stupid enough to brag about it.  Sooner or later they will become croppers.  Why tell anyone what you are or are not claiming, after all it is no one's business but your own?  There are people out there that are genuinely disabled and have been refused benefits. 

I find it difficult to understand how these so called assessors can refuse genuine people a disablement benefit, yet allow those amongst us who have no disabilities, except the ability to con and deceive, the whole hog.  Never ceases to amaze me.  rolleyes

• Posted

I personally would feel no guilt at reporting someone I genuinely believed didn't deserve a benefit, but I don't understand how they get through the process, my f2f was pretty strict and the volume of supporting evidence I had to supply came from consultants and imagining that can't lie

• Posted

These so called benefit cheats must have a green card as their acting abilities must be second to none.  I am amazed as to how they manage to get through the f2f, as like you said, they are pretty strict. I know a person who receives the enhanced rate PIP for both mobility & care and could climb Everest & run a marathon.  It does make me angry, but who I am to judge?  I know that I am entitled to what I receive & my only issue is that I get standard rate PIP mobility, when I truly believe that I should be entitled to enhanced rate mobility PIP.  The DWP saw that I qualified for high rate DLA mobility, but when I was changed over to PIP the goal post was moved & now they say I only qualify for standard rate.  Sadly it is not an option to ask for a MR as I have been told on numerous occasions that I could end up losing the standard rate.  Scaremongering at its very best.  frown 

• Posted

There is a fabulous site https://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/  They have guides and how tos on all the Disability Benefits - it really is a great service and has helped many thousands of people including me. Best of luck to you all.

• Posted

Oh dear you would.not feel any guilt in reporting someone ? you contradicted yourself you said that you found it pretty strict. the assessment.. Everyone has the same assessment evidence of information that has to be screened over and over ..Just cause someone you think may look like there not disabled that is judging them as to what you genuinely believe they are committing fraud .how can anyone know what is going on with people not every disability is visible so if they have got PIP bloody good luck to them as you know this is not easy to get ... people need to stop this judging and get on with there own life .Sorry but i find it really bad that you can actually say that... you might just come out the bad person if your proved wrong about someones health issues.  like everyone they had to have supporting evidence to make the claim in the first place ........how did you think they could lie about there information then ? like you say 

• Posted

Have you seen many...?  how do you know they are not entitled as you say.. bragging is only about there mentality maybe that's a problem for them they need the attention so they brag to people who may have lost there's due to some other problem..not everyone is the same . I doubt very much you can con the DWP or they assessors ..i say good luck  to them .. 

• Posted

I'm glad you brought this up, I just posted a thread about a friend of mine claiming and is clearly exaggerating, yes your right, it makes it much harder for the people who deserve it to receive it, it's an unfair system which doesn't work.

• Posted

I agree Stacey, it is totally an unfair system & it certainly does not work.  I am at a loss as to how these so called fraudsters can get away with duping the system & genuine disabled people have to fight tooth & nail to claim what they are entitled to, who don't always receive their entitlement. People can't help becoming angry when genuine people fail to receive benefits & yet those amongst us who brag that they are receiving every benefit going, but openly admit that they don't have any health issues. 

• Posted

This friend of mine has been awarded £10000 in backdated money from Premium Severe Disability. Never worked, out partying every weekend, bragging on Facebook about what designer clothes to buy next. £363 a fortnight on top of Jobseekers allowance, I know I sound bitter but when your watching what I see it makes me so angry 😞

• Posted

£363 every 2 weeks on top of her jobseekers allowance? Ummm she's clearly not telling you the truth in how much she claims.

What i'm saying is that there's people out there who's disability/condtion isn't visable, mine included. If someone seen me out and they knew i claimed disability benefit then they'd probably wonder why. No one knows what goes on, on the inside. What a person does with their money is entriely their choice. There's no law in what a person spends their benefit money on.

You do indead sound very bitter.

• Posted

I do see what your saying Denise. I suffer from Bipolar disorder and hadn't left the house in 7 years!!! Due to social anxiety, but as you said it's not visible so it must not exist, I didn't get any help because it couldn't be SEEN... neither is hers, maybe it's just down to your luck.

• Posted

With PIP it's above proving that those descriptors apply to you. You have to do your research because if you don't understand what it's all about then you don't really have much chance of an award. PIP is about how your condtions affect you daily, unlike DLA was years ago. I'm not saying there's no fraudulant claims out there for PIP, as i'm sure there is BUT there's much less a chance of claiming fraudulently for PIP than DLA.

If you feel that strongly about the "friends" claim then all you have to do is pick up the phone and report. I know i'd never do this but if that's what you want then do it. Just remember, this person may brag on facebook etc BUT do you really know what this person goes through every single day? I have 2 daughters and none of them know exactly what i go through 24/7...why? because i never ever moan, i never tell them anything that goes on..why? well no one can do anything about it, so why moan to others. I just live each day as it comes and put a smile on my face when someone knocks at my door. This doesn't mean i don't suffer every day because i do and i'm entitled to every single peny that i claim. I'd give up every penny i have if i could be pain free and have good health.

That's all i have to say on the subject...

• Posted

I would never report anyone ..  sorry but something had to be wrong for them to get this in the first place .wow must be very good did they write there own hospital letters from consultants .. X-rays etc think just because one was not awarded  don't take it out on others.. bragging they beat the system ? i cant see how they could possibly beat it...don't you think these assessors know how to spot a fraud a mile off .  

• Posted

BIPOLAR me too ..having a brill day today .see how many people judge me by having an opinion on fraudsters ..? why didn't you get any  help( i mean pip )? its not down to luck  stacey or the luck of the draw . its down to what medical evidence you have like do you have a cpn nurse who sees you once a week .do you see a shrink... or any other social workers who can give information about yr health . letters from all these people would of helped see i cant understand how anyone can con these lot.  invisible bi-polar hmmm.. do you have other issues ..regarding your health 

• Posted

Neither would i report anyone! I was angry because stacey joined this forum and posted about her friend claiming a benefit she thinks they're not entitled to. As i said in one or 2 of my posts no one knows what others are going through behind closed doors. Your post about evidence was brilliant, evidence helps. It's fine for someone to claim they have difficulty in something but it's a different matter proving it. PIP is about proving that those descriptors apply and definitely not about a diagnosis. PIP isn't an easy benefit to claim...end of story.

• Posted

Yes CPN once a week, Psychiatrist once a month... Yes I have health problems but I get my backside out to work and help myself.
    • Posted

Stacey why be concerned and direct your hate against other people don't you think this will make your bi-polar worse .reporting people would make you feel worse too because if there that much of a fraud don't you think there clever enough to deny all this stuff  hate and jealousy is such a waste of time and energy forget other people  as i say get on with concentrating on your own life and how you can sort your pip out .. good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.