freaked out

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello , I've been on 10mg of Citalopram and felt my anxiety and panic getting worse , its only been 4 days and I have to up my dose to 20mg this evening. Does it go away or get worse I'm very scared by it all at the min .I've never taken anything in my life but started to get really bad panic disorder. Thank you.

0 likes, 76 replies

76 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

I'm on day 14 and I went through exactly the same...been on 20mg for seven days and I'm starting to feel normal.

Worse day was day 11 and since then it's gone up.

You just need to give you and your body time

Good luck xx

• Posted

I wish I'd never started taking it now after reading some of the reviews on here , doesn't seem to be helping with the panic and anxiety. Xx
    • Posted

It will get better. I believe it will. I thought it never would either. But I've givin it some time and I'm noticing things are slowly getting better. I still can't drink caffine cause it gives me the crawling out of your skin feeling but hey that's no biggie. I feel better as a person. I sometimes feel a little down but that doesn't last long at all as I distract my self with something so I just don't think about it. I go on with day to day activities as planned. I still don't care for being home at night while my husband is working but I try and find things to distract me I have 3/small kids at home to help with that.
    • Posted

Morning,

It is working, as we say, you just have to let it take as long as it takes. You will get better of that I have no doubt because, so far you are treading the same path as some of us already have and that is why you are here and we are here too, but also to help. 

The trouble is there are also others here that are going through the same, similar not so similar and way off the scale nothing to do with me. It is the latter that you have to steer clear of, the rest you have to sift through and only concentrate on things that apply to you and your situation and reply or post accordingly. Over thinking?! Tell me about it. I over thought too, but I won't say unless it is relevant to you or each person I try and help. On the other hand if I have not experienced somethiing or don't know about stuff people are talking about, I do not reply to those posts. All our lives we are learning and it does not matter what it is we are learning. So, I think we can say that there's another little positive in that you are realising that some posts are not relevant to you! You just have to learn to sift them out and not think about them and definitely not over think other peoples problems.

I have saved all my posts and replies (I know saddo) as it does help me to go back and see how far I have come, how scared I was at the beginning and how people have really helped me (and still do) along the way. Therefore, I can say honestly amongst many Katecogs is one I totally recommend you listen to, she helped me and still does in little ways.

Anyway Steff, I have to go get ready, I am up early because I have to go to my 13 year daughter's school as she has been 'excluded' as of yesterday for taking on a bully! Trouble is even though she was surrounded by the bully and 8 bullyettes it was only my daughter's punch that a teacher saw being thrown! The joys of parenthood (wouldn't have it any other way!).

You take care, read only relevant posts, listen only to those that have are giving out positive vibes because that is what we all need in the beginning.

Regards,

David

• Posted

A floaty head without a high is a bummer!

That is why I go on and on and on and on about an emergency duvet to crawl under and curl up in and try and float off to sleep or just snooze with minimum movement. When I had no other option to move I did it slowly and carefully to. It always reminded me as like walking on the moon enclosed within an outer body without little gravity. Total YUK!

Post a new discussion mentioning floaty head syndrome and ask for others tips on how they got through this added extra! That was mine above, there are bound to be better ones.

Here's hoping you have a good(ish) day. 

Later,

David 

• Posted

It does get better with time yes. I've been on 10 mg Celexa about a month now and I feel a lot better then I have. I still wake up from time to time in a panic but is manageable. If you feel lime it is not working. Please talk with your Dr about what problems you are having.
    • Posted

I'm not sure about upping it to 20mg yet though , I'm still very shaky all day . But that's what the doctor told me to do .
  • Posted

Hi Steff I am on 10mg nearly 5 weeks now and still i feel like lighthead everyday numbness on the face but i will get better you need to give some time. 

Stay Strong and try to walk for 20min out or in door dosen't matter.

• Posted

It does get worse at the start of taking meds, but it does wear off.  Why do you have to increase to 20mg so soon?  If you're concerned it might be best to wait until the side effects have eased a bit before you increase?  You can even increase by 5mg at a time, easing onto it even further.

These meds will help you in the long run.  It'll take a while before you feel the benefit, but they really do help many people.

K xx

• Posted

That's what the doc said to do , I may just stick to the 10mg for now . They are tiny tablets so can't do 15mg. Thank you x
    • Posted

Yes maybe stick with 10mg for a while yet and let the side effects you have now settle down.

My prescription is for 20mg but I cut my tablets into 1/4's with a pill cutter and just take 1/4 a day now.  I wonder if the 20mg is a larger tablet?  My 1/4's are tiny mind 😊

Hope it goes ok xx

• Posted

Hi Steff, I was on 20mg of citalopram for 6 weeks with no improvement and bad side effects. However, the dr decided to change me to Mirtrazapine and I cannot believe the difference, I take them at night time and they help u sleep and also calm ur anxiety. I have had little to no bad side effects from them. But every one with this condition is different, but for me Mitrazapine was like a miracle.
    • Posted

Its been really hard , for the last 3 months I've been so bad I had to admit to myself I needed some help . Just hope they help . I'd love to go out the house without having this horrible anxiety...well I have it all day to be honest even in the house. Thank you xxx
    • Posted

I was exactly the same Steff, did not want to do anything or would not go out the house. But I can honestly say since my meds have been changed its like a light has been switched on. Don't get me wrong I'm not 100%, but definitely heading in the right direction. Hope u start to feel better sn and remember we are always here if u need to talk or want reassurance on anything x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.