Frenuloplasty - Opinions from those who've had one

Posted , 13 users are following.

I went to my GP for a vasectomy referral. We have 2 kids and we're done.

He suggested that while I was there I get everything checked out down below. During the examination he said he was concerned about he tightness of my frenulum. Had it caused me any issues throughout my life? When I told him it hadn't he seemed surprised, and referred me to the urologist for further investigation.

That appointment was today. Another examination, more questions about had it ever caused me issues etc. etc. More surprise that it never had. She told me she believed it was too tight, and even though it's never caused me any issues, it was bound to at some point in my life and she was recommending a corrective procedure called a frenuloplasty. From the literature she gave me it seems they will cut the frenulum and stitch it back horizontally, thus relieving this tension that they're so concerned about.

She suggested it could lead to some desensitizing, but it was much more preferable in that regard to a full circumcision.

My question is how much desensitizing are we talking about? I don't want to go down this route if I'm going to be losing some pleasure from sex. Although this seems to have run away from me, without anyone taking my opinion on my penis, then it is still apparently my choice, but they highly recommend having it done.

Anyone here had it done? Any before and after thoughts. Is it worthwhile in my case as a "pre-emptive strike"? The urologist seemed convinced that at some point the frenulum will snap. She said this would be very painful and limit the options to correct it after the event so better to get ahead of it, and I was lucky my GP had spotted it.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

as someone said - run a mile. the doc is likely cut and it sounds private so making an extra buck. this is not the US!!

• Posted

I would like to know if he had it done or left it alone. He told the doctor that it did not bother him or gave him a problem. What the doctor should have told him is if you have any problem down the line do come in and we will talk about it.

I think he is just looking to make some extra money.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.