Frequent aura attacks - only very slight headache afterw...

Posted , 15 users are following.

Frequent aura attacks - only very slight headache afterwards. Attacks last 30 minutes - can be either right or left sided. Aura starts in shape of small zigzag letter 'c' (this way 'c' seen if on left - reversed if on right)then gets larger until the 'C' disappears out of view on whichever side if appeared on.

[i:51a6953e10]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:51a6953e10]

0 likes, 50 replies

50 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have had my eyes checked too and although I am short sighted with stigmatism, my eyes are healthy.

Ive had 4 Aura Migraines without pain in the last 3 days. I've just had dental work done, maybe another link? 

• Posted

Glad to find this forum, I thought I was the only one experiencing migraines with aura (no pain).  I am I I am 8 years post menopause, I used to get maybe one or two aura migraines per year before meno...but in the last year or so I have experienced hundreds of them and in the last 6 months probably 6 per week on average.  Today I was at the hairdressers having highlights and had 2 while I was there, I put it down to the chemicals. I get the same severe visual disturbances and  numbness in face and hands that people have described on here and they last about half an hour.   I was previously prescribed atenalol (beta blocker) which hasn't helped at all - I have another appointment at the doctors tomorrow.

• Posted

Dear suzi

I had frequent aura attacks in peri and nothing for two years. I thought it was because I was long overdue at the opticians. After being fitted with new glasses they stopped but July this year I had five in a month. The following month three and last month five again. I know lights can set them off and possibly caffeine but I have woke up with them and dont know what set them off!

• Posted

That's exactly like mine, flickering zig zag C that gets bigger and disappears. I usually feel very tired and there is a dull pain on the opposite side to the C.

• Posted

Hi all,

I also get the aura headaches. I usually got 1 or 2 a year in the spring and fall. I’ve had 10-11 episodes this month, one day I had 3. I don’t get a bad headache, mostly pain at the base of my skull in the back. I do get nauseous, shaky, hot and very tired. I can’t recuperate because I get a new one. I’m a lousy sleeper, never sleep through the night. I’m done with menopause and have been. It’s depressing 

• Posted

OMG Debbie, I get that too.  I only get the aura but not headache.  But I only get them in March/April and again  Sept/Oct.  How weird is that?   Has anyone ever explained why it happens Spring and Fall?
    • Posted

I think it’s weather change. Every year when there was a front moving in the back of my neck would hurt and so would my sinuses but maybe only one ocular migraine. This year for the first time, I’m having ocular migraines. Just in the past two days, I’ve had 6. I feel lousy 
    • Posted

Hi  Debbie

Where do you live?   We have had a really bad storm these past 2 days and my face has been worse.   I really do think weather is  contributing this all this crap.

• Posted

Since you all last posted, have you found anything that helps? Thanks 
    • Posted

I'm trying taking antihistamines, I suffer bad with allergies and like someone suggested said that these might help, I havent had any auras since but it could be coincidence, I am going to keep taking them to see.

• Posted

Hi everyone. Ive had migraines with auras since my teens, Im 37 now. They had diminished frequency to about 2 a year. Sometimes I get them when Im about to get sick (cold for example) or before my period.

I had 2 last week and the aura for today's resided a few hours ago.I fell I have a sinus infection and just went to the doctor to receive treatment which I am starting now. This because I read this

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC544635/

Ill keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.