Frequent urge to Urine

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am at my wit's end. More than a week ago, I started having terrible urinary frequency. I will literally go to the bathroom, urinate, flush the toilet, and then have to use the restroom again RIGHT AWAY. In other words, I have constant urinary urges 24/7... It has been this way for one week.

I don't have any pain or discomfort in my pelvic area, and there is no burning sensation during urinating. However, I feel as if the urine is at the tip of my penis - that is where the urge sensation is most prevalent. If I hold it for a long time and it accumulates, there is quite a lot of urine. However, most of the time (especially in the middle of the night) hardly anything comes out even though it feels so urgent.

Dr. Find no infection or anything else. They put a camera up my penis and said everything looked normal. My urologist even got upset that I went to see him again. Someone help!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Maybe you have a bladder infection or some other infection? Did he suggest anti-biotics? Maybe find another Urologst, or even go to a GP and say the Urologist did not find anything.
    • Posted

No infections. I was referred to another urologist next weeks. What is GP?
    • Posted

GP = General Practice - like family doctor
  • Posted

I would definately get a bladder scan,  however since your doctor did a cystoscopy I would think that would have been the first thing he did.

It kinda sounds like you are retaining, and your bladder is saying empty me please, but your prostate is not allowing it to flow through.  Typical BPH.

You certainly do not want your bladder to start holding more and more because over time that will bring some problems of its own,

If you are not retaining and your doc has pretty much cleared you then I would start doing the "kagle" exercises to strengthen the muscles around your prostate.   A little urine may be getting by your prostate and making you feel like ya gotta go.

If that is the case then just about every man on this site would trade you symptoms in a second!!

Good luck,  and hope you get it resolved soon!

Regards.

• Posted

What is BHP? Also this happened to me a few months ago and it went away. Started again more than a week ago. My Dr. Had me go Vegan for 10 days. I'm also going to try that again. This is really affecting me..

• Posted

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. It means that what they found or find is not cancerous.
    • Posted

sorry thought it read BPH
  • Posted

1. WHAT COUNTRY DO YOU LIVE IN?

2. HOW OLD ARE YOU?

3. HAVE THEY DONE AN ULTRA SOUND TO DETERMINE THE SIZE OF YOUR PROSTATE?

4. HAVE YOU KEPT A BATHROOM DIARY NOTING THE TIME AND VOLUME OF URINE AS WELL AS MEASURE THE AMOUNT OF FLUID YOU INTAKE DURING THE DAY?

5. ARE YOUR ANKLES OR FEET SWELLING?

6. ARE YOU ON ANY DIURETICS OR "WATER PILLS"?

7. WHAT DO YOU DRINK ALL DAY? WATER, COFFEE, TEA, SODA, ETC.?

• Posted

USA

I only drink water

I have had bladder ultrasound and 2 catscans

No swelling anywhere

Take no medications

• Posted

It appears you have had all the tests but still no diagnosis and apparently not much interest from your urologist. If it were me, I would collect my medical records and move on to a new urologist, preferably one at a large teaching hospital who specializes in bladder dysfunction. 

Jim

• Posted

Maybe you can get a prescription for FloMax to try.   If your symptoms clear up within a few days on that, you probably have BPH.   Flomax is not a cure and it does have side effects but it helps you drian your bladder.  If you have BPH and don't treat it now,  you may end up in ER being fitted with a catheter to wear for a week or so.

• Posted

Vibes if youi do a simple google search you can find more info on this, and I found the following - yeh Flomax seems to be the worst but it's not the end of the world:

Knowing that the patient is taking alpha-blockers, different eye surgical techniques and modifications help to achieve excellent outcomes, should IFIS occur. In one study, a group of experienced surgeons achieved excellent results and a very low complication rate by using these special surgical techniques.

For this reason, patients already taking alpha-blockers

need not avoid or delay cataract surgery if it is recommended by their ophthalmologist

• Posted

We are not doctors here but a few things that come to mind are chronic non bacterial prostatitis, Interstital Cystitis (IC) and overactive bladder syndrome. Sometimes there is an overlapping with these three. 

First, it all should be treatable so don't get too stresssed just because your doctor hasn't figured out what is going on. It also sounds very much like  you need to see another urologist who is more sympathetic to your needs and symptons. Preferably someone at a large teaching hospital. Also, this might be a good time to get a complete physical work up from your GP, if you haven't already, just to rule out any other issue. Needless to say probably a good idea for now to avoid all bladder irritatants such as alcohol and cafeine, the latter which can be found not just in coffee but in tea and sodas as well. A bland, non-spicy diet wouldn't hurt either. 

Jim

Jim

• Posted

GP is you general practitioner, your primary care physician,  your personal doctor.

BPH is when a mans prostate grows to a point where it starts to squeeze in on the urethra, which is what your p*ss flows through while on its way out the penis.  The urethra goes  right t thriough the center of the prostate.

The prostate is the one organ that continues to grow well into a mans later years,  so you can see how this is a problem with many men and often it can start to be a problem even in early 20s or even teen years.

Google it and do some research, consider yourself lucky, that if it is BPH you found it early.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.