Frequent urge to Urine

Posted , 13 users are following.

I am at my wit's end. More than a week ago, I started having terrible urinary frequency. I will literally go to the bathroom, urinate, flush the toilet, and then have to use the restroom again RIGHT AWAY. In other words, I have constant urinary urges 24/7... It has been this way for one week.

I don't have any pain or discomfort in my pelvic area, and there is no burning sensation during urinating. However, I feel as if the urine is at the tip of my penis - that is where the urge sensation is most prevalent. If I hold it for a long time and it accumulates, there is quite a lot of urine. However, most of the time (especially in the middle of the night) hardly anything comes out even though it feels so urgent.

Dr. Find no infection or anything else. They put a camera up my penis and said everything looked normal. My urologist even got upset that I went to see him again. Someone help!

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sounds like what I went through around 12 years ago.  I had urgencies to urinate, but little would come out.  I would go to the restroom, urinate, and a little while later, I would have to go again.  My bladder, was full of urine, but I was not able to empty my bladder, completely.  As it turned out, I had an enlarged prostate.  The prostate, was impeding the flow of urine, so it could not exist the body.  I finally went and had a Greenlight Laser done, and it worked for two years.  The prostate, grew again, and so I had to do a TURP.  That helped, and for several years I was fine, until the prostate, grew again, and so I had to do a TURP again.  The last time I did a TURP, it was several months ago.  It didn't work, and so now I'm self-cathing.  Self-cathing, is working great for me.  It's the best thing that I've done for my condition.  I've been doing it for 53 days, and did it 55 times so far.  It's made such as improvement in my flow, and I believe it will get even better as time goes by!  I can now empty my bladder completely, and so I don't have to look for a restroom for up to 4 hours, depending on the amount of liquid I drink.  You will find a lot of help on this forum, as I have.  Keep searching, and you'll get answer.  Many on this forum, are very good at coaching, because they know what it feels like, even if they are not doctors.  They speak from experience, and they are here to get help, and to give help, if they are able to.

• Posted

Have you checked for diabetes? I was peeing every 15 minutes or so prior to diagnosis of diabetes.
  • Posted

I had similar symptoms and waited too long to do anything about it.  Don't make that mistake.  Go to a different urologist and ask about alpha-blockers:  maybe try alfuzosin 10mg and if that doesn't work rapaflo 4 or 8 mg.  I went in to acute retention over 2 years ago and still can't pee very much at all.  I am self-cathing - which is much better than having an indwelling catheter but I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  You may want to consider the PAE procedure.  I had mine with Dr. Isaacson at UNC med center.

• Posted

self-catheterizing.  It isn't nearly as bad as it sounds.  You learn to empty your bladder theat way and give your bladder a rest.  Then in between catheterizations you can try to go naturally.  Urologists can have someone teach you in ten minutes.

• Posted

9/28/15.  It only helped about 5%.  Probably because I was already in AUR and have a large median lobe.  It seems to work much better for those who have BPH but not large median lobe.
  • Posted

It appears that you may have Urinary Retention caused by some recent action, ie. an operation,....Your Bladder Muscle may push, but there may be some blockage in your bladder where it meets your urethra so it's difficult to have a Complete and Normal Void. Normally, you would have BPH (enlarged prostate due to overgrown of cells) that would be causing an obstruction pinching your urethra and preventing a Full Void so you have to Keep Going to the Bathroom Over and Over..If your Bladder has more than 250ml, it will try voiding over and over again...That causes your high frequency...It sounds like your URO Doc determined that you didn't have BPH, but he may not have checked the Bladder...

• Posted

Did you have a doctor stick his finger up your butt to see if your prostate is sensitive, enlarged, or infected?

Digital Rectal Examination (DRE)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.