Frequent Urination feeling since end of october - constant feeling in penis head

Posted , 10 users are following.

(21, male) Hi everyone,

One day at the end of Oct, i had an urge to pee randomly almost every hour out of the blue. The next day when i woke up, this started.

Essentially, I have had a constant feeling/sensation in the penis head that has not gone away since end of Oct. No pain at all and the sensation has gone up and down since October. My symptoms are as follows:

I sleep through the night, do NOT have to wake up to pee. However, when I wake up in morn i do not have this sensation feeling in the penis head but I still have to go. After a morning pee, this is when the sensation begins and continues on/off all day, I'd say i pee a normal amount (4-5 a day depending). The feeling is not like it used to be, its like a constant sensation that the penis could always push out pee if I wanted to. it is super annoying and depressing. Also, after pooping sometimes the urge gets really bad, masturbation too.

Been to family doc twice and urgent care, all urine tests came back clear and doc has me on Saw Palmetto until my Urologist appt in a few weeks which will most likely be virutal.

This is super hard to explain, but wondering if anyone can relate and has tips or over the counter stuff that has helped, as it has negitively affected my life.Thanks!

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

A urologist can give you a prescription for a med that will relieve this abnormalady. No urologist would recommend saw palmetto. It does nothing.

• Edited

Hi Peroni,

Sorry to hear about your unusual symptoms. I recently had a BNI (bladder neck incision) surgery to relieve constant urinary retention. My surgeon prescribed a medication that was turned down by my insurance company. I found out from my pharmacist that there is an OTC (over the counter) medicine that relieves urinary discomfort and burning. It's called AZO and I found it at Walgreens. You could try it to see if it helps - you might want to speak to a pharmacist about your symptoms to be sure this could work for you. Hope it helps.

BTW, did anything happen to you to cause these sensations in October (i.e. an injury)?

-Greg

• Posted

hey Greg thanks for the message.

honestly no....nothing happened at all. One day i just had to pee a bunch of times then the next day the feeling started. I've seen alot of ppl mention AZO. Did you try it?

• Posted

My urologist recommended AZO after my TURP surgery. They have different things depending on the color of the package. The blue package is supposed to be for urinary tract pain. Something to consider, though: it will turn your urine a BRIGHT red color (of course, red + yellow = Orange which you might see). I think it might "stain" so you may want to watch out for that. From my surgery, I had a lot of adult diapers (male, L/XL) left over so I use those when dealing with that AZO. Ultimately, the Urologist visit should help. It won't matter if it is virtual but you might need a "cystoscopy" which won't be virtual (will be painful but short in terms of time) or possibly some radiology. Urogram/CT Scan or MRI). There will probably bee lab work. Not just a urine test, but also a urine "culture" which takes a few days to get results. Did you get any back pain? I used to get kidney stones but, when my last episode started it was a kidney stone where the pain was more in my side radiating to the front and there was a question as to whether the stone actually left the urinary tract or was stuck. The cystoscopy cleared that up. But there's also bladder stones (I never had those).

I wish you luck as not knowing can be pretty scary.

• Posted

Thanks Howie. I have had no pain honestly. Its just an annoying sensation that has continued for a few months. Went to doc twice about it but now the urologist appt is in a few weeks but im assuming wont happen in person cause of coronavirus. Lots of ppl on here have suggested AZO, i read online that you're only supposed to take it for two days and not any longer than that. Not sure. It looks pricey for something thats an attempt. Not sure

• Edited

Yes, AZO comes in blister packs and to get the same dosage as my surgeon prescribed, I would need to take 2 at a time. If you try it, start with just one and see what it does. If it's not working well enough, try taking two. If I recall, I was to take it 2 times per day (i.e. at breakfast and at dinner). Follow packaging recommendations. Hopefully your urologist can figure out what is going on. If after a few days you are not getting relief, stop taking it.

-Greg

• Posted

Azo Bladder Control has pumpkin seed powder and it really calms the bladder. I take pumpkin seed oil capsules - same effect. Also, have your doctor prescribe trospium or oxybutynin. These meds also calm the bladder. I used to take trospium but the oxybutynin seems to work better for me. You have to try different things.

• Posted

By the way, in my other post. I mentioned AZO in the "blue" box. I meant to say LIGHT blue box. The other blue was a feminine product. If you go to Amazon and type in AZO in the search, you will see what I mean.

• Posted

I've had this issue on and off for about 6 months.

urge to urinate 24/7 and tip feeling wet like dripping.

went to the ER 3 times they did everything

2 ct scans a mri and referred Me to urology did psa test and was good

they diagnosed me with bph Dre test my prostate was large.

I'm only 37 so was kinda a shocker

but I'm alive.

I am taking flomax things are a lot better

oxybutynin is better than flomax btw!

• Posted

how is flomax with side effects? anything bad? does it affect erections or anything like that

• Posted

flomax is good but there is things I don't really like with it.

tired feeling or drowsiness are a the major turn off.

I have oxybutynin it works well also.

last a few hours and only causes me dry mouth.

• Posted

When I was on Foley Catheters (for 3 months) I was having the very same urges to urinate that I had from before my complete shutdown. I always thought it was my enlarged prostate. I (falsely) assumed that, when I was on the catheters, that this problem was going to go away. It didn't! Even with a catheter in me (I thought that meant never having to pee again), I still had URGES to urinate. Most of the time, that meant that nothing would be coming out due to the catheter. However, many times, I still had urine in my bladder and that wound up coming out along the outside of the catheter in a haphazard way spraying in every direction. So, I realized that my problem may have been my bladder and NOT the prostate, at least in terms of urgent urination. They were going to prescribe oxybutynin to stop the urges/spasms of my bladder but they didn't because of one side effect: it could cause constipation and there was a major issue with constipation at the start of the whole mess. So, if you were on oxybutynin, did you experience problems with constipation? Reason I'm asking is that, even though I'm post-TURP, I still get a lot of URGES that I'd like to do away with. Thanks.

• Posted

I didn't really experience that too much.

but I eat lots of fiber as it is.

oxybutynin works good.

I think I may not have bph do to low psa

• Posted

I've learned not to trust PSA numbers. At least, not in a single number issue. When my PSA jumped in less than 6 months from 4.8 to 9.5 my brother was positive I had cancer. You can never be 100% certain but, I don't. If things like a bicycle seat used before a test and UTIs can cause dramatic changes in PSA, I start questioning the number. What did I wind up "trusting"? Turns out an analysis by cystoscopy. When my urine output went to ZERO, except while cathetered, the urologist did a cystoscopy and pointed out, on screen, that I had BPH causing the blockage. Plus, they can tell by MRI or CT Scan and, even, by DRE. So, if you are having these issues, I'd rely more (personally) on the other tests. Changes in PSA over time are a good thing to watch. In my case, the jump in PSA was due to an infection that they confirmed with urine culturing. And the bacteria was one that, if it had gotten much further, could have been fatal. The point being is that the urologist needs to confirm exactly what is causing your symptoms, possibly by multiple means. With PSA at 4.8, I had a negative biopsy and, as part of TURP, they ran the cuttings/burnt offerings through the lab and I was also negative there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.