Frightening memory loss 😂

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

Had a horrible horrible day today.  My memory loss seems to be getting worse, which is just frightening me to death.  I had a referral at work to occupational health and of course barely sat down before dissolving into tears.  I nearly took the wrong road to get there ( which of course should be a familiar route).  Before I went, I tried to phone to confirm I had the correct date and time, but, despite staring at the letter, managed to phone the fax number. The letter also stated "unit 12", so I turned up at "unit 10", thought I must have the wrong place, so drove out of the site completely.  He acknowledges I have a problem calling it "mild but significant memory loss". Now it's a horrendous wait of blood tests, before they consider doing proper memory tests.  He said it could be hormonal, deficiencies, anxiety.....I am frightened to death it's dementia and am now in a complete state.  I don't have any other symptoms you ladies speak of, no aches or pains.  I did have several night sweats going back a few months, but it all came on in September with sudden "spaced out" feelings, which has turned into total forgetfulness on a really scarey level.  And yes I am the one who drove off without paying for fuel and had the police around. I am also the one who works with aluminium and God knows what other metals.  I'm only 45, but with a prolactinoma I am back on medication for.  I have just spiralled into complete despair 😪 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

OMG this is so awfull to read about and so many of you suffering from it too, i do get brain fog but nothing like you are describing hear, must be very worrying but the quicker you get to the cause  the quicker your get the help you need.  i agree, do talk to your sister, she is a doctor so let her know just how bad things are for you. I hope you get this sorted and feel better soon, is there any part of the body menapause doesnt affect im wondering.
    • Posted

Thankyou.  It's all very odd. Was relieved today to find that my brain seemed to be working fine.  Had a quite involved job to go to with lots to think about and multitask and I managed it all fine, as well as supervise someone else and make decisions.  Was late off work, and now at home and feel wired.  Totally hyper which I haven't felt in ages.  Maybe just relieved.  All very odd.  Bodes well for getting some housework done tho!x
    • Posted

Hi bubbins

Try and relax and switch off, warm bath and chill for the evening.

😃

This brain fog can hit at any time some days worse than others then days of none..

I have had people talk to me and brain foggingly not really taken it in, and then 😳 they've asked me about it, Ugh.. Well.. My response is.

' run that by me again' 😃

Blame the hormones dont over think about it

Big hugs

Jay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.