Frightening night

Posted , 11 users are following.

And will not be going through that again. I expected the spaced out feeling, numbness and even nausea and gastric upset, but in addition have suffered muscle spasms all night which affected my whole body. Woke OH as was scared. Worried it would be affecting my heart muscle. I was twisted up and shaking many times. Loads of difficult visits to the logo. Lost lots of fluid and feel very weak this morning.

The waves of these effects have left me thinking about what alcohol does to our bodies. This one pill has been a nightmare.

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the same Sue, I couldn't believe how bad it made me feel!  I'm going to try Naltrexone.  Very best of luck with your next plan xx
  • Posted

Sue, have you checked with your pharmacist or doctor to make sure other meds you're taking don't clash with Selincro? If you're taking any narcotic, even anything with codeine, Selincro will send you straight into withdrawal. 
    • Posted

Nothing. All I take is citalipram and vitamin capsule

Wish there was something to explain it

• Posted

Really weird how meds can affect people so differently.

I've tried naltrexone and Nalmefene and had zero side effects with both but in the sand breath it doesn't seem to be having much effect either

• Posted

Many people find Naltrexone much easier on side effects than Nalmefene. We have, in fact, stopped using Nalmefene for this reason.
  • Posted

I've just written a long message to you sue but it just blacked out. Nothing to do with being moderated ??

• Posted

Hi Sue will try again. I too am very sensitive to meds..penicillin, anti depressant took me a month to stop feeling sick. I've been on naltrexone and it made me feel really ill at first, but after chatting to Joanna, she explained ways that would help prevent the nausea etc. So I percevered and it works. Anything is better than a horrendous hangover and AWS.

Why not try campral as there are no side effects with it but it's for total abstinence.

Hope that helps a bit ! Xx

• Posted

Plus I have read the side effects of nalmephene are worse than naltrexone.

Naltrexone was working really well for me for a few weeks but due to something really tragic 4 weeks ago sadly I went on an almighty bender. I am 7 days sober now and won't let this happen again. Was in hospital 2 nights due to Hallucinations which can cause seizures. I've learnt from this horrendous experience and am feeling more positive again now. Though it's taken me a week in bed with diazepam to get well again. Still feeling rough and no appetite. A warning to others where excessive drinking can take you to. Best wishes, hope and blessings xx

• Posted

OVER ONE WEEK....have your today?? Robin
    • Posted

Hi, not sure what you mean, but I haven't taken any more tablets and won't do smile

I have had three alcohol free days this week and aim to keep improving on that smile

• Posted

great..my typing went wrong..ha ha...I meant "how are you today after one week" and you seem to be fine since 3 days no drinking..looking good!! Keep trying and feel PROUD of what you have achieved. Robin

• Posted

Thanks again. Baby steps lol. Managed four days but binged an the other three. Just got to keep going 😥🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.