From the other side

Posted , 6 users are following.

Many of us have posted how much we appreciate our partners and the support given to us. This I hope echoes what they feel:

-FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Give me your shoulder to cry on

I want to take your pain

If only for a while

To experience your life

to understand

Your daily battles, your fears your aspirations.

In sickness and in health we promised

Little did we know the challenges ahead

Such easy words to say when all is well

So difficult to live.

Your dignity is compromised

I hate to see it so

I struggle with your acceptance of the way your life is now

Tis hard for those who care my dear

But care I do with pride

For you are the one I married love, until death do us divide.

7 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

my husband always says to me your away with the fairies again are you. sat he had a terrible time understanding anything I was saying I think it was the sheer tiredness and fatique fibro fog nothing I said made any sense at all 
    • Posted

sometimes I know we are in our own little world. Wonder if we should give our world a name.  come on folks lets hear some ideas!
    • Posted

I think thats a good idea maggers,  world of pain, planet pain.  fibro planet I know I look well but......world thats getting the grey matter working  
    • Posted

Acheyville then we can have the Acheyville horror storiesredface! Won't give up the day job......
    • Posted

good 1 I love it I think we would all have some achey horror story to telllol
    • Posted

Now we have our new world - what shall we fill it with?
    • Posted

Well I'd be happy living in an Archeyworld Compound....forget the hippies....just the Fibros............Bron   (as I have found today...my left side has been overtaken by my right side...or actually is it the other way around...want to type an "e"...so type an "i"....taking a lot of Extra concentration powers, and re-fixing my mistakes).....
    • Posted

Im having that same problem today bron with typeing wish brain would get into gear its stuck in reverse at min Achey world is another name Ive thought of. My problems are all down my left side at min especially with my leg take care gentle hugs 
    • Posted

happyness love and soft furnishingssmile
  • Posted

I've just read this to my husband who vigorously nodded his head and said "exactly!". Which is more than his usual disdain for poetry about personal issues. So in that sense high praise from him. Well versed as always Maggers 😀😀😀
    • Posted

Thank you Lisa it means a lot to me if people who are actually living what  I write about appreciate it.
    • Posted

we all love what you write maggers, and appreciate it, hope your having not to bad a day take caresmile
  • Posted

Maggs: you're our laureate poet. Can we have a rap sometime? cheesygrin 
    • Posted

Just for you - rap queen I am  not!!!

Have I got any visible ills

You can’t see anything but I take  pills

I ain’t no junky and that’s a fact

I’m just a local computer hack

Have I got real news for you

I have read your blog so here's your cue

Go back on and write some more

So I can comment on what I saw

• Posted

You are just so inspirational.

Well Done wink x

• Posted

I doubt it very much - I think Snoop Dogg can rest easy don't think I will give him anything to worry about! but thank you for your faith in me.
    • Posted

Absolutley brilliant I love it thats made me laughlol maggers the rap queen
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz you are too kind.  Only took a five minutes hardly a masterpiece. although I did impress myself at doing it after coming home from work and cooking the dinner - a better day for me today.
    • Posted

so pleased you had a better day today its always encourageing to hear that, your an inspirational lady your lyrics certainly cheered me up and made me laugh. smile 
    • Posted

maggers can be lead singer the rest us the backing groupsmile hope you have a good weekend teresa take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

A large choir... Wish you a great weekend too .. hope the weather helps biggrin! XX
    • Posted

Hi Kaz - I could clear the Albert Hall by just opening my mouth for the first line so think someone else should be lead !
    • Posted

Ahh I cant imagine you would? I most definitly would empty the hall if I was to lead they wouldnt be able to get away fast enough lol    
    • Posted

Hope you have agood weekend maggers take care gentle hugssmile
    • Posted

Hi maggers hope your having a good weekend, and not in too much pain.The sun is shinning where I live, Im the most of it as its given rain later. take care gentle hugssmile 
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, its my full day at work on a Saturday and I am absolutely shattered but happy to have tomorrow, and monday off.   Glad to hear the sun has got his hat on.  I have extremely photosensitive skin so have to wear factor 50+ at all times. How I long to have a suntan but it's not to be. Never mind I can enjoy the sun from the shade of the trees.

• Posted

Hi Maggers hope youve managed to get some more factor70 hope your managing to keep cool? and having a good day with not too much pain take care gentle hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.