From the other side

Posted , 6 users are following.

Many of us have posted how much we appreciate our partners and the support given to us. This I hope echoes what they feel:

-FROM THE OTHER SIDE

Give me your shoulder to cry on

I want to take your pain

If only for a while

To experience your life

to understand

Your daily battles, your fears your aspirations.

In sickness and in health we promised

Little did we know the challenges ahead

Such easy words to say when all is well

So difficult to live.

Your dignity is compromised

I hate to see it so

I struggle with your acceptance of the way your life is now

Tis hard for those who care my dear

But care I do with pride

For you are the one I married love, until death do us divide.

7 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Maggers your poem has brought a tear to my eye, so beautiful, sad and poignant. We are so lucky to have such supportive partners, though I feel for those who are having to deal with this condition on their own.

My poor husband has been suffering over the weekend with toothache, unfortunate as that is, the silver lining is that I have been able to look after him for a change, and pay back some of that love and tender care.

Meg

🌸

• Posted

Your poor husband - nothing more painful than chronic toothache.  Do hope he finds some relief soon.  
    • Posted

Thank you he went to the dentist and all in hand, such a relief.
  • Posted

Such lovely words. Bought tears to my eyes. wink x
    • Posted

Thank you Bee.  Sometimes we are so wrapped up in our own trials and tribulations we just need reminding how it affects others close to us.
  • Posted

My husband though this was just beautiful..thanks Maggers..know what you mean about not being able to get out what you really want to say..don't you just that fog....,:-) xxx
    • Posted

Great to hear that someone "on the  other side" could relate to it.
    • Posted

Hin Maggers;   I'm on the Other side too....and really realized "how fogged up I was last week".......I was soooo confused, that I don't think I should have even tried replying to anything/anyone's comments.....couldn't remember who was writing/written what............felt like I was completely out of it...."   as the saying goes Away with the Birds...redface.............Bron
    • Posted

happens to us allsad I hate the fog.  There is often absolutely no relation to what I am thinking and what comes out of my mouth.  I am sure people who don't know me think I have been on the drink or drugs or both!
    • Posted

P.S. over here we say Away with the fairies!     My son affectionately calls it Mum's in zogland again.
    • Posted

Hi Bronwyn I can totally relate to that feeling. This week I find I am thinking one thing and then saying or writing something else, and none of it makes sense. HELP------ whoever the  gremlins are that have stolen my brain can they please return it as soon as possible.  ------ Why are some weeks worse than others? I used to be so literate. 

Meg

🌸

• Posted

Hi meg the last couple of days have been terrible, words arnt coming out right when they do come out Im not making sense my son poked fun of me today as I came out with a different word to what I wanted to say. I get upset annoyed at myself when that happens. I told my son off for pokeing fun at me as thats not helping. I cant spell right at times Im missing words and letters out when Im typeing, the other day I was trying to have a conversation with my husband he couldnt understand a thing I was on about. Its been terrible this week flaming fibro had enough of itsad
    • Posted

Hi Kaz, I really can understand where you coming from. It is frustrating and it can be devastating to your confidence. Last week I tried telling my husband we were having smoked chicken instead of smoked cod. He kept saying you mean we're having the fish love. I think it must have been 6 times I tried to say smoked cod, I had it in my hands and I could read the label, but every time I said it, it came out as smoked chicken. I can't tell you how frustrated I became. If it happens while we're out, especially when it's with my daughters, I will say something along the lines of "oh, I'm sorry. I blame the drugs." Whilst shaking my head.

my daughters always get embarrassed as all this happens, especially if it's somewhere like in the queue at the supermarket. It means the cashier and people in the queue hear it. Then my girls will usually explain so no one thinks I'm a junkie. It's mean but I really find everyone's reaction to it funny, as do my girls once they're away from it and sat in the car. They always laugh and say something like did you see so and so's face, whilst shaking their heads at my delinquency.

• Posted

Hi Kaz, I really can understand where you coming from. It is frustrating and it can be devastating to your confidence. Last week I tried telling my husband we were having smoked chicken instead of smoked cod. He kept saying you mean we're having the fish love. I think it must have been 6 times I tried to say smoked cod, I had it in my hands and I could read the label, but every time I said it, it came out as smoked chicken. I can't tell you how frustrated I became. If it happens while we're out, especially when it's with my daughters, I will say something along the lines of "oh, I'm sorry. I blame the drugs." Whilst shaking my head.

my daughters always get embarrassed as all this happens, especially if it's somewhere like in the queue at the supermarket. It means the cashier and people in the queue hear it. Then my girls will usually explain so no one thinks I'm a junkie. It's mean but I really find everyone's reaction to it funny, as do my girls once they're away from it and sat in the car. They always laugh and say something like did you see so and so's face, whilst shaking their heads at my delinquency.

• Posted

hi lisa Ive just had 1 of those weeks this week. the fibro fog has been really bad. trying to have a decent conversation has been a nightmare. words have just kept coming out all wrong and have nothing to do with the conversation that Im trying to have.Its very frustrating as you know what your trying to say but its not whats coming out your mouthrolleyes thank you for sharing your experiences with me take care gentle hug. 
    • Posted

Hi ALL,  I think I "beat you all hands down on that one", and luckily for me, it was amongst family, on the back patio, a few weeks back.....for some reason, my hubby and one of the son-in-laws were talking about the news where an old lady had been raped....guess what my reply was (out of the blue, without, of course thinking about what I was saying, and couldn't understand why they ALL looked at me, until I realized what I had said)....."what couldn't be better than being raped".....I Really don't know what they actually Thought...but I can Imagine....(son-in-law probably thought.  (he's a rather cheeky fellow and makes everyone laugh).....gees Mum, sounds like you "need a Bit".....LOL  cheesygrinBron
    • Posted

Hi Kaz;  don't wory about the spelling etc.....I was always Top of the Class for spelling...always had been taught to sound things out...but there are days when "I just can't even Picture the word I want to write"....and I always go back and re-read what I have written....like just now .....have had to re-type 4 words.......Bron
    • Posted

Hi bronwyn I was always good at spelling but now Im just terrible at it ahh well it cant be helped rolleyes take care bron 
    • Posted

Try not to worry about itKaz. As you can tell from the replies on here, some of us forget or mix up some of the most ridiculous things, often at really inappropriate times. The things that bother me the most and seem to do the most often is forget the names of people I'm incredibly close to. Including my husband, children and grandchild. I used to worry that I really was beginning to develop Some form of dementia. See I can't think of the name I want again so dementia has to do.

Take care 😊

• Posted

morning lisa Im forever calling my son dave which is my husbands name. yesterday I could not say my sons name at all I knew what I wanted to say but would it come out. my son just laughed at me and shook his head. its sooooooooo frustrating when its happens and its happening alot?.  I will try not worry as worrying wount help. hope you have a good weekend lisa take care gentle hugs
    • Posted

Hi Lisa - I muddle names all the time or forget them altogether.  Its horrible struggling to fnd the words. I try turniing it into a game at work when I cant remember a member of staff's name.  Staff are pretty good and join in repeating all the names for me. Bit like that tv programme Give Us a Clue.
    • Posted

Hi Maggers and Kaz, I've never been much good at remembering names but other things I've always been very sharp at remembering. I used to find it really amusing and joke about people who made lists to remember things, now karma has given me a really swift kick up the backside.

Just this morning I was talking to hubby about an email from a company I had been in touch with. I had bought some sausages only to find the packaging was damaged. So I was telling him the outcome , only I said "you know those sausages?" No wonder he looked at me strangely 😆 

Hope you all have a good weekend, 

• Posted

hi lisa I know where coming from Imalways getting words mixed half of what I say doesnt make sense at all?lol I have to do lists all the time my notebook and pen are always with me. on saying that I forgot to write down that I had sainsburys coming yesterday with a food delivery for me imagine my surprise when their was a knock on the door din time yesterday their was sainsburys delivery driver.. my face must of looked a picture. theirs no hope for me hehe which 1 of you is going to dial the men in white coats to come and get meloltake care hun have a good weekend

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.