Frozen shoulder 2nd chance operation

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi Michelle. jon. piper and barbara

did a new post as i have asked the moderators if i can post a picture post op. it seems i can.

first off thanks for the messaging and support. it does help when people know what ache is and how bad it gets.

had the 20 pages of questions and the hour phone call about what's to happen, sorted physio at a local spires hospital today in cambridge.

got the immobiliser sized up and ready, got a tray of large ice blocks ready post op for the machine to freeze down the operation site and reduce swelling.

mentally ready again for a civil war against the shoulder. i hope this time its a winner for me.

the surgeon is going to have a rummage to find out why the capsular release kind of failed (ACR). and why the tendon has failed to recover ( bicep long head ). post operation.

my wife thinks its "wasp gate".

first operation right shoulder ( 2nd frozen ) . a wasp stung me leg 6 days pre operation and i got blood poisoning and it was nearly cancelled.

second operation ( ACR and SAD) left shoulder. a wasp tried to sting me day 10 post operation and i flicked my arm as a instinct reaction. torn my shoulder and dropped my shoulder blade out.

was told post operation the GH joint will be fragile for 6 weeks as there would be nothing holding it together and high chance of dislocation if i moved sharply ( i did ).

me and wasps and operations just don't mix. wife thinks this is why the tendon has failed to recover. wasp damage lol.

so this week keep away from wasps and next week keep the window closed.

into the final week at last so i hope could i hope for ache free !!!!!. its going to give me 20 weeks off work to recover so back early october. this is a tortoise recovery time line.

so 5th may here i come

colin

3 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

looked up beech chair watched video prep . they wrap the patient up like a mummy. the prep is 22 minutes then tape off the drapes. what a wild chair. i bet it cost a small fortune. i will never want to be in a beech chair. it should have a name more appropriate . it looks like torture good thing the patient is not aware in the video... OMGoodness.

once the healing begins for this journey may you receive all that you need to sustain you thru to total recovery. sending healing blessings your way ...Colin1964

• Edited

hi barb

i do love tech. so cool but still have a bruised throat. lots of ice cream yay. sound like a kid,

people drive 300 miles for this hospital. its all about shoulders there.

thanks for sending good vibes. how are you doing. upgrading the vibes back. i am sore but dont ache at last. this shoulder should never have got so bad.

and no wasps yet lol

colin

• Edited

glad you got through operation well and that you are feeling positive with the outcome.delighted to read you are pain free,that is the dream for all of us I think

• Edited

• Posted

there ya go. i am borg . resistance is futile. lol

i cannot believe how fast i am recovering. pain relief finished 36 hours from getting home.

just have ice packs rotating. got a AA cup right chest and a B cup left boob lol.

arthroscopic insertions have absolutely zero bruising. the long cut into the pecs major / bicep. i am black with bruising. but no pain.

post op day 4 . out the brace during the day at home. active moves to engage the damaged muscles and assisted laying on the floor external rotation and above head flexion.

had slice of toast this morning, chased it around the worktop with the butter. then the peanut butter. stood there with a knife. not allowed to physically hold the jar or remove the lid lol.

porridge tomorrow. lol . even a banana hold it cant peel it. so fun

colin

• Edited

post operation bruising to bicep / pecs major

colin

• Posted

HI All

really busy day yesterday.. left 7.30 am. back to the consultant for 10.45. mmmmm it the complete opposite side of the M25 and back onto london 110miles .

his first works were " so have i cured you or not" with a glee full smirk. had admitted he was pushed into a corner by the consultant and myself wanting this so much.

and was glad he did it. . he is over the moon and will do a zoom meeting next as there are no problems with the tendon fixation.

BIG BUT HERE. he removed the capsule again for the frozen shoulder while in there. hence why i have full range of motion back again. what he explained. thats why i had fresh holes cut front and back

THE BIG WAIT AGAIN. again in 4 -6 weeks i have to sit through the shoulder trying to re scar and form a frozen joint.

i sat through that torment 5th dec 2018. on the first freeze on the original injury

i sat through the re freeze last year 8 th april 2021 when he did the full capsule release. that was not a good experience. yup they dead ache again. as it naturally tries to re form

now he has re cut the capsule 3 rd time 5 th may2022 its going to try and re freeze for a third time by trying to re scar.

its only happening because he has cut away the capsule. its the body trying to put its self back to where it was " it liked the way it was"

so again in 2-4 weeks the FS freezing is to re appear. and again knowing its to appear. i have so start vigourous stretching to stop the scars re forming.

THEY DONT TELL YA THAT DO THEY. any one thinking of having the joint surgically mended through full ACR or MUA

ASK ASK ASK ASK ASK. "jon".

then drive 129 miles opposite direction past our home to physio in cambridge. more stretches with out engaging the bicep. we had a good chat about isometric pushing and light push ups against the wall.

too soon to much force on the tendon its only day 20 !!.

he is happy and wants me to carry on exercising on my own. back in 4 weeks

then drive 50 miles home got back 5pm through the storms.

colin

• Posted

hi All

five weeks today. not saying i am counting. shoulder has healed completely. all bruising gone. stitches have nearly dissolved. just have a super glue line .

absolutely amazing. the best bit is i am still pain free. yup that haunting ache we have has gone. to be honest i have been pain free from day two.

and no wasps !!!!!!.

now out the immobiliser this week. just got to use it once more on saturday ( going to see the superbloom ) at the tower of london. on the tube i will have to hold the rails ( or me being of older age ) .i may get a seat for a change.

ho blimey. now i know whats it like to be normal yay. have only taken 7 pain killers since 5th may

i just have to contend with the re scaring ache. as he re cut the capsule again. now have full range of motion back active and passive.

i am so bored as i cannot load the bicep for another 7 weeks. its a false impression that i am all mended. still got till october to go to get back to work.

any positive updates from anyone..

colin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.