Frozen shoulder

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi does anyone suffer with frozen shoulders i wondered if it was related to hypothyroid ?.

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think that if it is associated with other muscle and joint pains then yes I would trace it back to thyroid meds. As a matter of fact if I get thigh and knew pains I take a little bit more medication (like a 1/4 grain of Armour) and the pains go away. I think this is because I am borderline undermedicated.

I had no aches and pains of any sort until I started thyroid meds. I think you should look into increasing your dose a little bit regardless of which type of thy meds you take.

• Posted

Does your Armour pill crush when you cut it? Is there a good way to cut it?
    • Posted

Ah, a good quesiton. I have been able to cut a one grain into two perfectly with a pill cutter. The difficulty is cutting the half into a quarter! I have decided to just nibble a half off my half pill to get a quarter - I put the remaining 1/4 on one side, not back in the container (because that would be icky). I do it this way because I found it was very wastefull trying to get two 1/4's out of a half - it just crumbled most of the time. This way it only crumbles sometimes.
    • Posted

I just started taking Nature Throid.  It doesn't crumble so much.  I am taking 1/2 tablet but I'm splitting it so I can take it in the morning and at night.  It seems to work much better that way. These tabets split into 1/4's fairly easy.  The pill is harder so it doesn't dissolve that well but I think it's working fine.  I tried chewing it but it sticks to my teeth.  I just got my doctor to switch my meds from Synthroid.  My symptoms from the synthetic thyroid meds are going away!  I feel   WAAAAAYYYYY better now.  I don't have restless leg syndrom or creapy crawlies anymore.   That was driving me bonkers!!   No more racing heart or anxiety.  Finally.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.